Live well will not fill 07 521

Hey guys, I have an 07 521 that the livewell will not fill. I put a new valve in the bilge if the boat, checked the valve housing for debris. Even with new valve, it will not fill over about 4” deep, even though both pumps running full force. I can fill livewell with water hose, with control set on auto or recirc, and it will hold water. Completely blowing my mind. Any ideas appreciated.

thanks

chris

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    When you say both pumps running full force, you are seeing a strong spray on both sides of the livewell? Typically when a well doesn’t fill, one pump is under-performing. And the way the plumbing works, the pump not spraying or spraying only weakly is allowing back flow through that side: water going out through that line. If you are certain both sides are spraying very strongly, not just both pumps running, there could be an issue with the pumpout (if you have one). A way I check for pump performance is to replace one cartridge at a time to see if that helps. I always carry a spare cartridge anyway.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Both pumps are spraying full force. Recirc will wet you when you open the lid it’s spraying so hard. Pump out valve is new. If it was not functioning properly I’d have water come out of the pump out line, which I’m not. I’m baffled.

Are you putting the selector on AUTO, then the pumps on MANUAL ?
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

5. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    When that happened to mine it turned out that booth pumps were working but the impeller on one of them was detached from the shaft. The four inch level in the livewell is lake level and a good indicator it's a pump.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

6. Member
    I am putting the valve on auto, switch on manual. I’ve had the boat since 06, so I’m familiar with the livewell controls. It almost seems to me like I still have an issue with the valve in the bilge. When I’m on the water both pumps are pumping so hard livewell should fill in a few minutes. Thanks for any ideas. I’ll order a spare pump and try it, just don’t think that’s the issue, Frazier things have happened though.

Gotta be the control valve...water is getting by the flappers somehow.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

One of the pumps isn’t working. Are both pump lights on? Check fuses

9. Member
    Checked the pumps running individually, both pumps are strong. I am going to pull apart the flapper again and make sure nothing is in it, and back boat in water and check again.

10. Member
    Pulled the bilge apart to access the valve again, the bottom of the valve housing is split. Ordered a new valve will report back.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    Pulled the bilge apart to access the valve again, the bottom of the valve housing is split. Ordered a new valve will report back.
    curious, were you getting water in the bilge?
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

12. Member
    Yes but I thought it was water coming in bilge from coming off plane

13. Member
    Just curious did your valve come from Ranger? I replaced mine over the winter and im having the exact issue you are now. I have been assuming the water was coming from off plane also.

14. Member
    Yes, valve came from Ranger.