Bilge Switch Question

2001 Sprint 280 PRO, switch next to ignition key, its a double acting so what besides bilge pump does it control ? I have no power at the pump so I'm trying to get all the info I can before a rewire is in order.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JpmLRribwcEeqp4n9
    Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

S.W. Ohio

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Gary, bilge pump has no need for a double acting switch...I would say it would be aerator /recirc or something else.....I would flip switches until I got power to the bilge pump.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    Gary, bilge pump has no need for a double acting switch...I would say it would be aerator /recirc or something else.....I would flip switches until I got power to the bilge pump.....
    I agree, but it had me thinking as I had a double acting switch on my powerboat which had an electronic water sensor in the bilge. It was for "INSTANT ON (override sensor) & ON WITH AUTOMATIC SENSOR ENGAGED". After laying on my back and looking up in behind the dash............it seems there has been some "RED NECK" rewiring done. There is no less than a whole roll of electrical tape used to patch/splice some wires . Getting out the power probe today and see what's-what under that birds nest. I can't really complain as I knew the boat needed allot of TLC and the price reflected that.
    Gary

S.W. Ohio

SWITCH ISSUE SOLVED..............It's not a bilge switch

Just to share for someone else's information: on a 2001 280 PRO, the switch plate on the left side houses the ignition key and a dual rocker switch for the nav lights, bilge switch is on the right side closest to the steering wheel.
    Gary

S.W. Ohio

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    That makes sense.....most rigs I've been in the nav lights are on the left side......never crossed my mind when you asked the question....

That makes sense.....most rigs I've been in the nav lights are on the left side......never crossed my mind when you asked the question....

Now I'm trying to figure out this MINN KOTA trolling motor. I've posted a question for John on the TROLLING MOTOR page. The trolling motor bow mount says "ALL TERRAIN" on it. but the steering/cable head say EDGE 45#-12V. Wiring harness at the battery is 3 wire 12-24v wiring.....I hate electrical problems...
    Gary

S.W. Ohio

7. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I'll have to defer to John on that one also....thank goodness I have 2 electricians in the family.

8. Member
    A bilge can have a 2 way rocker. Position 1 is constant on - MANUAL. And position 2 is for the float switch - AUTO

I'll have to defer to John on that one also....thank goodness I have 2 electricians in the family.
    Gary

S.W. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    A bilge can have a 2 way rocker. Position 1 is constant on - MANUAL. And position 2 is for the float switch - AUTO
    Yep, I had that same type of switch on a Sea Ray many Years ago. Got mine figured out, thx.
    Gary

S.W. Ohio