Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

May 2020: Wettest Month on record here> Bull Shoals is at the top.

Bull Shoals has 1.6 feet actual to go and they will have to open the flood gates to retain it.
    https://www.swl-wc.usace.army.mil/pages/data/tabular/htm/bulsdam.htm

Norfork would be over the flood gates if they hadn’t opened them. It’s now 3” from top of the flood gates closed.

https://www.swl-wc.usace.army.mil/pa...tm/norfork.htm

Yes, wettest Month on record up here. These are 200’ elevations to the rail race and that’s a lot of water.

How much water? Bull Shoals at the old power pool level of 656 foot will supposedly hold Table Rock, Beaver and Taneycomo if all three dams failed. And it rolls off these Ozark rocks up here 1” of rain usually raises these lakes appx. one foot.

The bright side is fishing has been GREAT! When it’s 30 foot up we have some bushes.

2. Member
    yes but how long does it take to run from the dam to Tany in a bass cat Jaguar with a 450 on it.

Less time right now... you’ve got some corners straightened out. Under an hour easy (sub 45 min) is your answer, pending floating obstacles.

4. Member
    good to know LOL

y'all stay safe

5. Member
    We’ve had quite a bit of rain here in Hot Springs, but not enough to open any flood gates. Last night we had another 1 3/4 inches with more in the way.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

6. Member
    Yes, my dock is adjusted up as high as I can get it. The ramp is in the woods. 1.6 ft more and it will just be drifting around free. Fishing has been great! Spawn was wacky this year with all the rain and late cold fronts. Still catching spotted bass with eggs.

7. Member
    I had an empty 5 gallon bucket outside 4 days ago. Now it is 3/4 full. Downpours instead of showers when it rains here.
    Praying for a Cure

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Bull Shoals has 1.6 feet actual to go and they will have to open the flood gates to retain it.
    https://www.swl-wc.usace.army.mil/pages/data/tabular/htm/bulsdam.htm

Norfork would be over the flood gates if they hadn’t opened them. It’s now 3” from top of the flood gates closed.

https://www.swl-wc.usace.army.mil/pa...tm/norfork.htm

Yes, wettest Month on record up here. These are 200’ elevations to the rail race and that’s a lot of water.

How much water? Bull Shoals at the old power pool level of 656 foot will supposedly hold Table Rock, Beaver and Taneycomo if all three dams failed. And it rolls off these Ozark rocks up here 1” of rain usually raises these lakes appx. one foot.

The bright side is fishing has been GREAT! When it’s 30 foot up we have some bushes.
    Well you better tell them to grease up the slides on the gates because they are about to need to open them. Up on this end, we had an inch and a quarter of rain yesterday and showing 80 to 60 percent chance of rain every day next week. Beaver and Table Rock already over full and have already opened gates several times in last few weeks to lower. Lower White River better prepare if we get a lot of rain next week. But all of our lakes ought to have great spawns this year. Wish we could get this high water every year during spawn.

9. Member
    Was on the White today and last Sunday out of Gaston's up to Newland's, not much flow like there should be. Table Rock is very high also which is just going to go to BS. BUT I caught my first good brown trout today after years of only rainbows.

10. Member
    Yeah Norfork was running all of the flood gates the other night I heard

11. Member
    Beaver one foot below flood stage, Table Rock three foot below flood stage, more rain forecast for every day next week, only option is to run it on down the White I guess.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Well you better tell them to grease up the slides on the gates because they are about to need to open them. Up on this end, we had an inch and a quarter of rain yesterday and showing 80 to 60 percent chance of rain every day next week. Beaver and Table Rock already over full and have already opened gates several times in last few weeks to lower. Lower White River better prepare if we get a lot of rain next week. But all of our lakes ought to have great spawns this year. Wish we could get this high water every year during spawn.
    It seems like we have had high water every year at Bull for the spawn. I just wish it was 673 instead of 693. Yes, it's good for the fish, but enough already!!!

13. Member
    Table rock is high right now, more rain next week...

Hartwell rose 2 feet in 3 days and 3 feet overfull this past week we gat a month worth of rain in 3 days.

Blue Mountain and Nimrod are currently 24’ and 20’ high. Been high since middle of March.

16. Member
    Pray y’all stay safe

17. #FRB
    After the heavy rain a couple days ago I'm sure the creek below the spillway at Maumelle is rolling and more rain to come. Guess it beats being in a drought but enough is enough!
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Blue Mountain and Nimrod are currently 24’ and 20’ high. Been high since middle of March.
    Is Blue Mountain still a really good crappie lake? I grew up in Ft Smith and remember it being good when they were "on" (spawning) but I haven't fished it in probably over 30 years when I was a kid.

86’ and 93’ I remember Truman flooding. Running across the “lake” I almost hit a cupola on top of a barn——— barely above the water.

Blue Mountain and Nimrod are not as good a crappie lake as they were, though still fair from our understanding. They can be excellent number lakes for small largemouth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast