First trip to Keuka

We will be staying in Penn Yan. Is the ramp right in town good for launching? Are there any other launching options? Anything I need to be aware of would be great. We will be fishing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

2. Member
    havnt been there in years,but the launch was fine,the only other I know of is at the top of the other arm proly a 20 min drive from penn yan

3. Member
    Ramp was fine last fall. Just a 5-10 minute idle out to the lake and stay in the markers through that channel gets shallow quick.
    2002 Basscat Sabre Merc 150 XR6
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

4. Member
    When you're idling out the channel to the lake, don't over look the big cove with all of the pads. I've spent entire days throwing frogs in there and having a blast. There's more fish back in there than people think.

Make sure you have flares on board. They are required and the sheriff writes loads of tickets on Keuka for that. Also, an anchor is required equipment in NY.

Only other ramp is at the state park and it's a circus with the pleasure boaters and lack of parking. Your best bet is to use the Penn Yan launch. There is a fee to park. Make sure you get your ticket displayed in your windshield.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

5. Member
    One of the toughest weekends of fishing I ever had. We got 4 nice largemouths on Friday afternoon and 1 small keeper. 2-12" smallmouths on Saturday morning early, and that was it. Definitely got humbled.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    When you're idling out the channel to the lake, don't over look the big cove with all of the pads. I've spent entire days throwing frogs in there and having a blast. There's more fish back in there than people think.

Make sure you have flares on board. They are required and the sheriff writes loads of tickets on Keuka for that. Also, an anchor is required equipment in NY.

Only other ramp is at the state park and it's a circus with the pleasure boaters and lack of parking. Your best bet is to use the Penn Yan launch. There is a fee to park. Make sure you get your ticket displayed in your windshield.
    Do you have to have flairs and anchor on cayuga also?

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    You have to have them on any nys water to be legal.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    You have to have them on any nys water to be legal.

state requires them. Plus anchor.. plus throwable ,..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    state requires them. Plus anchor.. plus throwable ,..
    also make sure fire extinguisher is up to date have heard cracking down on date codes on them, I got a warning last year and 2 friends have gotten tickets this year for expired extinguishers, cuomo looking for every penny..

10. Member
    Also .. any locked compartment .. with stuff in it .. life jacket ... .. is a ticket..

haven’t heard fire extinguishers yet . Have to see if mine is dated ..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    Also .. any locked compartment .. with stuff in it .. life jacket ... .. is a ticket..

haven’t heard fire extinguishers yet . Have to see if mine is dated ..
    they all have a expiration date..