Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lund Renegade Jack plate

For those of you with Lund renegades what jack plate if any do you use? Do you have your shallow water anchors mounted from that? I’m trying to figure out what I want to do I do plan on getting power poles in the future.

2. Member
    4" atlas hydraulic with power poles mounted to Jack plate on renegade 1775.

3. Member
    4" Atlas just like mudely. I have 10' Talons mounted direct to transom, per Lund's suggestion and it saved me money on brackets anyways. Zero complaints and would re-do it the same way if I did it over.
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Garmin Force TM
    2 - 10' Minn Kota Talons'
    Console: ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv
    Bow: 2 - ECHOMAP Plus 93sv's (w/ LiveScope)

4. Member
    Do you recommend the hydraulic jack plate? I’m looking into either a 6” hydraulic or manual. Maybe leaning towards the manual as it will be a little less to worry about adjusting when running. Also do you have any photos of the back of your boat so I can see how your talons are attached?

5. Member
    I can't speak for others - but it was hydraulic or nothing for me. I feel like you lose so much of the advantages of them if its manual - but perhaps its how / where I fish? Makes loading / unloading on shallow launches 100 times easier. Also allows me to adjust it on the fly for max performance - I can have it all the way down for hole shot and then raise it as I get on plain to max speed / control based on the wind, weather, etc. Again, maybe I'm missing how others use theirs or its where / how I fish, but mine gets adjusted constantly and I'm a huge fan of having it, TBH.

I'll get you some photos when I'm on my PC - took some a few weeks ago for a guy adding them!
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Garmin Force TM

6. Member
    Sorry for the delay - I had all sorts of issues trying to resize (they were too big) where it would accept them file size wise. Hope this helps!

IMG-1362.jpgIMG-1363.jpgIMG-1364.jpg
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Garmin Force TM

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiel0059 View Post
    Sorry for the delay - I had all sorts of issues trying to resize (they were too big) where it would accept them file size wise. Hope this helps!

IMG-1362.jpgIMG-1363.jpgIMG-1364.jpg

thanks for the photos. Do you have any overall photos of your boat? Did you install the hydraulic jack plate yourself? Do you know what was used for bolts from the transom to jack plate and from jack plate to motor?

8. Member
    Here are a few! I don't have a ton on my new phone but the boat is on the water 4-6 times a week so I can snap some Jackplate pics tonight / this weekend and anything else that might help you?

Install: My dealer did everything (Jackplate, Talons, etc) - they had done the Jackplate & Talon a bunch of times on the Renegade specifically so they didn't have any concerns whatsoever and I feel like they did a fabulous job.

Renegade 1.jpgRenegade 2.jpg
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Garmin Force TM

9. Member
    Here are a few! I don't have a ton on my new phone but the boat is on the water 4-6 times a week so I can snap some Jackplate pics tonight / this weekend and anything else that might help you?

Install: My dealer did everything (Jackplate, Talons, etc) - they had done the Jackplate & Talon a bunch of times on the Renegade specifically so they didn't have any concerns whatsoever and I feel like they did a fabulous job.

Renegade 1.jpgRenegade 2.jpg

thanks for the help. I’m thinking of putting poles on mine but those talons look nice. What’s the top speed of your boat?

10. Member
    Fully loaded (never take tackle / gear out), full tank of gas, and just me it has been 47-48 basically regardless of conditions, but I could touch 49 when conditions were right or when I'd be on 1/2 tank or less of gas.

With that said, I have had 3 big group 31 batteries in it. A few weeks ago switched to an Amped Outdoors 100AH Cranking Battery (I have livescope and a bunch of graphs, and it was starting to wear on the cranking battery on longer trips) and dropped about 50 lbs in the process. Now, that 48 has become 49 and I feel like if conditions were right I could probably get to 49.5. I do have a 17 pitch pitch 4 blade as well - as it rockets it out of the water on the holeshot and holds here strong in the corners even with the Talons on the back. If I switched to a 19, I'm fairly certain I could get 50 (or if I switched to lithium TM batteries some day). I know the jackplate helps with this though - and I get absolute zero proposing / can run on plane in 2' of water wide open (trust me, I accidentally tested it 2 weekends ago on a new lake...).
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Garmin Force TM

11. Member
    Do you know if the 4” atlas has the holes on the side to mount power poles? I know the 6” does. Any reason you went to a 4” instead of a 6”?

12. Member
    To be totally honest, I have no clue if it has the holes (sorry). TH has amazing CS from my experience if you reach out to them (and there are a lot of smart people on this forum that probably know).

I went with the 4" based on recommendation of three sets of people (I did a ton of research): (1) My dealer based on their experience installing them on the Renegade (which then led me to dig further), (2) Ryan DeChaine from W2Fish as he ran this boat a ton in testing / promo stuff for Lund and W2F and their boats all had 4" and (3) Lund's product manager for the Renegade (Ryan put me in touch with him).

Would a 6" be better than the 4"? Maybe, maybe not, I can't say of course with no direct experience lol. I went with the 4" based on many discussions with the above individuals and I'm very happy with it. They (Lund) also told me the Talons direct to transom where the way to go for warranty & best overall performance (which was my preferred method anyways), so it made that decision easy.
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Garmin Force TM

13. Member
    To be totally honest, I have no clue if it has the holes (sorry). TH has amazing CS from my experience if you reach out to them (and there are a lot of smart people on this forum that probably know).

I went with the 4" based on recommendation of three sets of people (I did a ton of research): (1) My dealer based on their experience installing them on the Renegade (which then led me to dig further), (2) Ryan DeChaine from W2Fish as he ran this boat a ton in testing / promo stuff for Lund and W2F and their boats all had 4" and (3) Lund's product manager for the Renegade (Ryan put me in touch with him).

Would a 6" be better than the 4"? Maybe, maybe not, I can't say of course with no direct experience lol. I went with the 4" based on many discussions with the above individuals and I'm very happy with it. They (Lund) also told me the Talons direct to transom where the way to go for warranty & best overall performance (which was my preferred method anyways), so it made that decision easy.

thanks I may look into getting a 4” instead as I’m not sure how much slack on the steering cables and it won’t take up as much room in my garage. I think it’ll have two holes on each side of the plate if it could mount power poles.

14. Member

what bolt holes did you choose to mount the jack plate in and the motor? The top holes for each?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish0093 View Post
    thanks I may look into getting a 4” instead as I’m not sure how much slack on the steering cables and it won’t take up as much room in my garage. I think it’ll have two holes on each side of the plate if it could mount power poles.
    No clue, dealer did it all and it all works perfect. I'd have to take some picks for ya!
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Garmin Force TM

16. Member
    No clue, dealer did it all and it all works perfect. I'd have to take some picks for ya!

are you able to tell me what length bolts they used? Also if it’s not too much trouble take a photo too? I want to order all the hardware prior but don’t want the bolts sticking out more than they need to

17. Member
    For those of you with a renegade and atlas hydraulic jack plate what holes are you using to mount your jack plate and motor at?

18. Member
    Last edited by Fish0093; 06-20-2020 at 09:50 PM.

19. Member
    I have a Atlas 4''

Jackplate to Transom is in the top hole

Motor to Jackplate is in the top hole.

Im running X7 19P with me full tank and livewell I can hit 51mph GPS
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Mercury ProXs 115hp FourStroke
    Spitfire s/s x7 19p
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80lb 24v
    Atlas Hydraulic Jp 4" setback
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 Dash & Bow

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlumaPro View Post
    I have a Atlas 4''

Jackplate to Transom is in the top hole

Motor to Jackplate is in the top hole.

Im running X7 19P with me full tank and livewell I can hit 51mph GPS

That’s where I currently have mine now. Just remounted it Monday. Got it back up to its previous max 46mph. Will probably Need a new prop. How do you like yours?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast