Atwood integrated Fuel Demand Valve

I have been having the problem reported in another post recently about a ProXS losing prime and dying while idling for more than a few minutes. I took Don's advice and an going to replace all of the fuel system components from the tank to the motor including the pulse fuel pump and fuel filter. I have all of the components except for the fuel demand valve. I need an Atwood Integrated Fuel Demand Valve part number 99IFDV00-1. Anyone know where I might find one? Don, is this a part you stock or can order for me? If I can't find it can you recommend a suitable alternative? Also, do you feel it is absolutely necessary for me to replace this? This is on a Ranger Z520, 250 ProXS SN B966102.
    Just another beer drinker with a fishing problem.

2. Member
    Thanks Phil, I did a Google search also. It brings up results however none of them are the correct part. When you follow links they all go to inline fuel demand valves. Thanks for the help.

3. Member
    Rebuilding the pulse fuel pump fix mine. My 250 Pro XS died after idling for extended periods times.
    2018 Z520C Ranger Cup / Mercury 250 Pro XS Ser# 2B526947

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    GUYS- READ THE FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS, PLEASE. We do not support the Zon and the Bay here in the forums!!!!!

If you need a Fuel Demand Valve, they are readily available through our Parts Department. Everyday item.

FDV is under a MERCURY Part Number, and is a very simple 3/8" line in, 3/8" line out. See Rhonda's post, at the top of the forum for Parts Department contact info.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    My apologies Don, since it was an Attwood part I assumed it was a boat side part.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Attwood is a Brunswick Company.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    GUYS- READ THE FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS, PLEASE. We do not support the Zon and the Bay here in the forums!!!!!

If you need a Fuel Demand Valve, they are readily available through our Parts Department. Everyday item.

FDV is under a MERCURY Part Number, and is a very simple 3/8" line in, 3/8" line out. See Rhonda's post, at the top of the forum for Parts Department contact info.
    20200522_182058.jpg

Mine is not an inline valve, it looks like this.

20200522_190120.jpg

I also believe the tank is not venting properly. When you open the gas cap you can physically hear it push a significant amount of air out.
    Last edited by X19Indy; 05-26-2020 at 03:34 PM.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That's definitely a different story... you may need to obtain that one through the Boat Manufacturer OR Inca (the tank manufacturer).

Tank should hold at least 5 psi of pressure (but the vent should allow air IN to displace the fuel that is consumed).

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Attwood is a Brunswick Company.
    Didn't know that - thanks!
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax