Thread: Gas gauge

Gas gauge

'08 TR21X HP. Is there any other way to check the gas in the tank or is the reliable, accurate gas gauge the only way?

2. Member
    You could call Marty @ Triton and he will tell you that the needle doesn’t register until it less than 1/2 full......... that was his guidance to me! Greg replaced the fuel sender and that solved my problem! PS: Greg the NormanLakeKing is the best!

Yea, I don't know why they don't have a window maybe for a general amount in the tank. Going to try to find out what I need to connect it to my HDS 12. I have the Yamaha interface cable to my NEMA & will try to find out what I need to connect the fuel sensors, if possible.

What engine do you have? If you have a merc a mercmonitor will tell you fuel gallons used and its very accurate. Thats what i ise for my gas gauge the factory one is not accurate at all.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    What engine do you have? If you have a merc a mercmonitor will tell you fuel gallons used and its very accurate. Thats what i ise for my gas gauge the factory one is not accurate at all.

I do the same. I fill the tank to the top at least once and keep track on a google drive document every time I get fuel and always know how much is in the tank. Yes, I know.....a little to anal about some stuff!!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

6. Member
    If tou have a Mercury Vessel view is very accurate .

Yamaha 250 SHO

8. Member
    Do you have to have fuel sensors on the tank for mercury vessel view to work?