2011 ranger trail bleeder valve

I need to replace some break fluid and never bled brakes before. Can someone point me to where the bleeder valve is and any pointers on doing it. I've watched a few you tube videos but none specific for this model. Cursory glance at the calipers I didn't see the bleeder valve.

2. Member
    The bleeder is on the port front caliper assuming you have a tandem trailer. If you have never held brakes before I would find a buddy to help that has.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

3. Member
    Well, gave it a go today and thought everything went well. However, I got the trailer off the jack to tighten up the lug nuts and never gave the wheel a spin to see if it was free. Drove the boat 20 min to the shed and could smell the brakes. The wheels and brakes were super hot. The release valve was pushed up before I took off. Man it's always something...looked like a pretty simple job. Any ideas or troubleshooting at this point??

4. Member
    If you bleed the brakes there is a spring loaded clip on the tongue that holds pressure on the brakes. You have to push it in to release the master cylinder. It’s on the bottom just behind the latch.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

Just an FYI, most every time I have bled my trailer brakes I have ended up having to do it a 2nd time to get all the air out. It must trap air in there somewhere and takes a shake down trip or two to get it out. I use the Harbor Freight air powered bleeder and run at least a pint of fluid thru each time.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

6. Member
    I just went through bleeding my brakes and I could only do it with a Speed Bleeder ($7.00 part). This will replace your current bleeder bolt. Depending on your caliper here are some part numbers. Do yourself a favor and get one.

http://www.speedbleeder.com/

DB-42 caliper is SB71620

DB-35 caliper is SB71620

At least on my 2018 trailer, the best way I found to make sure I bled the brakes correctly was to pull the trailer power and try to reverse. If you cannot reverse, you got the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4stroke View Post
    I just went through bleeding my brakes and I could only do it with a Speed Bleeder ($7.00 part). This will replace your current bleeder bolt. Depending on your caliper here are some part numbers. Do yourself a favor and get one.

http://www.speedbleeder.com/

DB-42 caliper is SB71620

DB-35 caliper is SB71620

At least on my 2018 trailer, the best way I found to make sure I bled the brakes correctly was to pull the trailer power and try to reverse. If you cannot reverse, you got the job done.
    Never knew they had those. Thanks
    Is the part number the same for both calipers.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Never knew they had those. Thanks
    Is the part number the same for both calipers.
    I can recommend these. Makes it a lot easier for one man bleeding.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

9. Member
    I put a set of these on too. It was very easy to do, 1 person!
    Jer
    1999 Ranger R-97 Reata
    2007 Yamaha 200 VMax HPDI