Upgrading Control Panel

I'm looking to upgrade the control panel on my 84 Hydra-sport. This boat is in excellent condition, just would like to see upgraded switches and controls. Can anyone tell me whats a good starting point. I'm an electrician so I fully understand terminology.

Thanks in advance.

I revised the whole console on my boat a couple years ago. Built a new dash from plexiglass wrapped with carbon fiber vinyl, and replaced a few of the original rocker switches with identical lighted Carling rocker switches, and added labels using a Brother label maker.
    I would have really liked to use the push-button elevator switches like these, but they are quite expensive.

Before:

After:

3. Member
    That looks fabulous! Ya got me thinking.....
    90 Shadow 20' Mod V w/ 200 Merc - Total resto and loving it!
    Here's my build from cap-off to boat in the water.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=336645

4. Member
    That is nice! Keep the ideals coming.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bamabassin View Post
    I'm looking to upgrade the control panel on my 84 Hydra-sport. This boat is in excellent condition, just would like to see upgraded switches and controls. Can anyone tell me whats a good starting point. I'm an electrician so I fully understand terminology.

Thanks in advance.
    if you're just looking to replace the switches and breakers, I've used new wire Marine. You can customize size and switch configuration easily enough. Just another option. https://newwiremarine.com/