20 Hour Oil Change Question

Okay my first Yamaha, I came over from the dark side!!

Hit 21 hours this week so I ran by one of the smaller dealers to pick up an oil change and the other components to do the first service myself. In the manual it shows several different weights of oil that can be used. All he carried is the 20W-40, which is listed as okay. He said that is all they use here in the Houston area, not like it ever gets cold down here. Is this acceptable? I'm not going anywhere this weekend, so I can go return it if need be.

Oh and why can I not print a manual off of the website? One of those, "come on man" moments!!!

Thanks guys.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

I just downloaded your manual from the website, if you look at the top right of the pdf page there is a tab to print or save. If you cant find it PM me an email address and I will send you the downloads I just did and you can print those, They did not give you one when you bought the boat?
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    I just downloaded your manual from the website, if you look at the top right of the pdf page there is a tab to print or save. If you cant find it PM me an email address and I will send you the downloads I just did and you can print those, They did not give you one when you bought the boat?
    I was able to download but Yamaha has the print feature disabled. I was however able to find a work around and got it printed. And no sir I did not get one when I bought my boat. I am a little disappointed in my experience since I bought the boat.
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter Ed View Post
    I was able to download but Yamaha has the print feature disabled. I was however able to find a work around and got it printed. And no sir I did not get one when I bought my boat. I am a little disappointed in my experience since I bought the boat.
    First this and then

5. Member
    First this and then
    Pretty much!
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

6. Member
    Well guys I must retract my statement about the manual, it was buried in a pile of paperwork on my desk! Organization is not my strong point.

And the 20 hour service is done. But why does it take a pipe wrench to remove an oil filter?
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

Well guys I must retract my statement about the manual, it was buried in a pile of paperwork on my desk! Organization is not my strong point.

And the 20 hour service is done. But why does it take a pipe wrench to remove an oil filter?
    WOW, I always do 1//4 to 1/2 turn after hand tight. Someone ate their Wheaties and was in a pi$$ed of mood when they put yours on.

8. Member
    WOW, I always do 1//4 to 1/2 turn after hand tight. Someone ate their Wheaties and was in a pi$$ed of mood when they put yours on.
    I think they may have ignored adding a wee bit of oil to the seal as well, that dang thing was tight.
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

I think they may have ignored adding a wee bit of oil to the seal as well, that dang thing was tight.