2004 150 XR6 OT 835115 Missing at all RPM's

I bought this boat about 6 months ago from my father in law. We ran it before the purchase and it had a miss at high rpms. He took it to the shop and had carbs cleaned and the mechanic also install a CDI Electronics 144-7185. It is a timing module. It ran fine and I bought the boat. The miss slowly came back, went away briefly, and then started getting worse. I ordered Mercury part number 857185-A1. I installed the Mercury part, to my surprise the miss got worse. I have changed plugs to NKG BPZ8HS-10 gapped to forty. I have checked for loose connections, not getting any alarms. The engine starts first time and idles fine. Any thoughts or recommendations, I would greatly appreciate.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

EDIT: After watching a little YouTube and doing some reading, I have a question. I found a video of a problem very similar to mine. A new trigger fixed his problem. I checked the resistance of my trigger, here are the readings.
    Purple /blue - 1250
    White/red - 1180
    Bown/yellow - 850

From what I have found the range should be 1100-1400. Is it safe to say this trigger is bad and needs to be replaced.

Thansk,
    Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff_; 05-25-2020 at 09:28 AM.