2016 Merc 150 4 Stroke Issue

So long story short I replaced my battery and suddenly I am having these issues. I would have to assume they are related but I can't figure out how. With the ignition key off there is a steady clicking sound , sounds like a fast turn signal, coming from one of the relays. Also the trim up is jerky(starts, strips, starts, stops? but trim down is smooth. If I turn the key on the clicking stops and my trim is smooth so basically both issues disappear. When I do turn the key on there is a short beep I don't usually hear before the usual long beep The motor starts and runs fine. The motor has 170 hours and is meticulously maintained if that makes a difference I'm stumped here. It seems to be coming from the bottom of the four relays that are under the cover but can't even find a schematic to tell me which relay that is. Has anyone experienced this. Hopefully there's a mechanic that knows exactly what this issue is

2. Member
    See the 4-stroke forum and please provide your engine serial number (required when posting),

Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax