Big Bass on the Yough in Mid May

20200522_163250.jpg

So I'm down for 4 to 6 weeks. My fishing buddy starts this crap. He is a good guy. I think this was Tuesday or Wednesday. It was a real windy day. I couldnt take off work because i am to miss a few days with the hand surgery.

2. Member
    That's a nice one. I have not caught a largemouth there in quite a while. I'm planning on braving it tomorrow morning until it gets to chaotic. I just dread trying to get loaded up to leave, always something slowing everyone down. Good luck with the recovery.

3. Member
    Nice Fish , John. I have to plan on making a trip to the Yough.

4. Member
    I think when the virus Crap is about over I'm going to invite local BBC boaters to get together and have a picnic and do some fishing late summer.

5. Member
    Or maybe j7st have everyone up months farm for a corn roast

6. Member
    What hand surgery? Supposed to do carpel tunnel snip for both hands. Tryin to put it off as long as I can to fish lol. Had the injections an barely did anything.

7. Member
    How are you feeling FX?

8. Member
    The hand is recovering very well. I get the sutures out on Wed. I am thinking I will be able to get back on the water by July. My left still gives me some issues but by the time I had my surgery I loss the muscle in my left thumb. All in all carpal tunnel surgery isn't that bad.

9. Member
    Would you commit to both hands at the same time? I’ve been putting it off forever. Dropping stuff lately.

10. Member
    Both at the same time? Have fun with the toilet paper. I had my left done the first of Feb and my right just over two weeks ago. Both at the same time, no and never.

So how did it all go? My left no longer has any symptoms but still a good ways from getting full strenght. I lost the muscle in my thumb as I waited to long. I can fish with it which I did up to second surgery.

The right hand has no symptoms, feels great. At two weeks I can do little things with it. Feels great to be able to wipe, lol. I am hoping to be able to fish in another two weeks.

What can I do? I can drive but it hurts. I can cut grass but it hurts like heck, riding mower. I can type and use my PC for work 8 hours no problem. For the life of me I can not open anything, doesn't matter the size of jar. Thank you for electric canopenors . Twist caps forget about it you need church key.

Hard as heck to shoot ground hogs. Even moreharder to load any gun. How much can I lift? Not much with either hand.

It's not all that bad, I should have done it many years ago. If I had to use my hands to work I probably would have to talk early retirement or something

11. Member
    Oh can't comment on the dropping things lol. I can not hold a thing right now.
    Last edited by Fx20 2011; 06-07-2020 at 06:07 PM.

12. Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I’ve already had the consultation, I got the injections Thru both palms into the wrist last time. Didn’t help much. They said I could possibly do both hands at the same time an said about 6 weeks recovery!! Dreading this. I’m an automotive painter, an no idea what I’ll do for 6 weeks

13. Member
    I don't know if I would do both. Sounds great but I'm not kidding it will be weeks before you can do the one thing you need, wipe. I would at least wait a month between both. With both your not going to be able to drive for at least a month, it hurts. If you have round door knobs your going to have problems just opening the door.

I don't regret the surgery. I basically was down for 5 days each time for my job. I'm in marketing, thus driving and computer work. Yesterday went with the wife to wash the car, no way the water wand at the car wash hurt my wrists too much. The left was ok but no way with the right.

I just can't imagine having both at the same time.

14. Member
    My right hand is my dominate hand. Three weeks and two days after surgery. I really feel good today. I would not want to toss a fast ball but I'm pretty sure I can get out next weekend and fish. I was able to use the right hand to water the garden. I hope this gives a little idea of of the healing process works.