Thread: Avid 20XB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loco View Post
    20 XB, 2021 Year Model, Should be hear in next few weeks rigging with 200 merc V/8 @ HW Marine (will post pics and reviews)
    Aren’t they factory rigged with Yamaha? How are you getting one with a Merc?

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    and the worlds tallest skyscrapers are built with exterior glass walls and no one complain about there ability to support the building?

in a lot of the aluminum thickness debate no one ever mentions the substructure the boats are built with.
    Yes some boats use a thicker hull material, generally these boats have much less supporting substructure than thinner hull boats,
    their engineers have decided to use the "Hull Material" as larger part of the structural integrity.

Some brands would rather have more substructure / bracing and use a thinner hull material.
    as with all decisions in aluminum boat construction it is based on "Weight", "Strength", "Design Philosophy" and of course "Cost Management"

3. Member
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    and the worlds tallest skyscrapers are built with exterior glass walls and no one complain about there ability to support the building?

in a lot of the aluminum thickness debate no one ever mentions the substructure the boats are built with.
    Yes some boats use a thicker hull material, generally these boats have much less supporting substructure than thinner hull boats,
    their engineers have decided to use the "Hull Material" as larger part of the structural integrity.

Some brands would rather have more substructure / bracing and use a thinner hull material.
    as with all decisions in aluminum boat construction it is based on "Weight", "Strength", "Design Philosophy" and of course "Cost Management"
    I’m not gonna bash Vexus at all because an AVX 2080 may very well be my next boat. With that being said, the boats are darn near identical regarding layout an Avid does have advantages over Vexus. The actual raised lips with gaskets under the compartment lids to keep dry storage actually dry is a huge deal. I can’t speak for the stringer system of the Avid vs the Vexus because I haven’t been to either factory to see the build process.

I will say this about Vexus though, the AVX 1980 is a much better deal than the AVX 2080 and probably the Avid 20 XB. Especially if you are a shorter fisherman, 6’ or less. You lose 4” of cockpit space and save a bunch of money on price. The deck layout and space are almost identical.

5. Member
    Im the same way on .100 gauge hull on that size boat .If you get on a sharp rock or even a hard cedar top between runners I will take .125 any time .Put all that weight in a 2” spot and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickl View Post
    Im the same way on .100 gauge hull on that size boat .If you get on a sharp rock or even a hard cedar top between runners I will take .125 any time .Put all that weight in a 2” spot and see what happens.
    Bounced my 195 of a submerged tree Memeorial day weekend, no ding, dent, or hell a scratch that I could see, but boy did I feel it. Most submerged timber is pretty soft.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    I agree. I think he just likes confrontation.
    Roy does have lots to offer but if you haven't figured him out he is for any black cowl that ends in Y, two or four....was two now four, I'm kinda understanding that one now, plus amy boat under JM's umbrella unless it starts with a R and ends with a R. Laugh Roy its meant to be funny.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

8. Member
    Depends upon speed...but, of course I get your point and agree to a point.

However, enough speed/momentum with that weight and hull thickness, or type, won't matter.

9. Member
    Little update, I'm FINALLY starting to get some pricing back... With my options, the pricing is VERY similar to the Vexus 2080. I like the locker lips, and thicker hull, but after the difficult communications, and slow responses- I'm not sure which way I'm going.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKodiakWay View Post
    Little update, I'm FINALLY starting to get some pricing back... With my options, the pricing is VERY similar to the Vexus 2080. I like the locker lips, and thicker hull, but after the difficult communications, and slow responses- I'm not sure which way I'm going.
    i contacted them thru their site with a question about 19xb, and haven't heard back from them. i was asking if they did away with the port side rod locker on production boats. in the bucks island walk thru there is a locker, but on some other videos i've seen it looks like there isn't.

i want my next boat to be the size of the 19xb, of the tracker 195. i like the fact that both are available with a 150. i don't really fish big lakes now, but i'm trying to plan on a future move to the bull shoals/norfork area of arkansas and would need more boat than what i currently have.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jason penn View Post
    i contacted them thru their site with a question about 19xb, and haven't heard back from them. i was asking if they did away with the port side rod locker on production boats. in the bucks island walk thru there is a locker, but on some other videos i've seen it looks like there isn't.

i want my next boat to be the size of the 19xb, of the tracker 195. i like the fact that both are available with a 150. i don't really fish big lakes now, but i'm trying to plan on a future move to the bull shoals/norfork area of arkansas and would need more boat than what i currently have.
    If you're going to move to bull shoals, why not buy the boat that's made right there?? Not saying Avid doesn't make a nice boat, but I know what boat I would buy if I was going to live right next to the factory.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siuebass0 View Post
    If you're going to move to bull shoals, why not buy the boat that's made right there?? Not saying Avid doesn't make a nice boat, but I know what boat I would buy if I was going to live right next to the factory.
    i love the look of the vexus boats, but they don't really have what i'm looking for. i really like the size & layout of the pt195. plus it being available with a 150. if the 1980 was the same size as the 1880, it would be what i was looking for.

13. Member

14. Member
    I had the oppturnity today to see the avid boats. Very impressive. Price was in upper 40,000.00 range no power poles are electronics. For 20xb with 200 Yamaha hot foot, atlas jack plate .

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 71oldbassbassman View Post
    I had the oppturnity today to see the avid boats. Very impressive. Price was in upper 40,000.00 range no power poles are electronics. For 20xb with 200 Yamaha hot foot, atlas jack plate .
    Avid has the double weld down the hull on the front just like the Vexus .These boats are so munch a like .I do like the .125 and some of the other changes avid made over Vexus. A lot of companies has been shut down.So contact may get better. Vexus seems to have a good costumer service.Nice boats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12