Thread: Avid 20XB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Avid 20XB

Looks like their boats are hitting a few more dealerships, does anyone have some Intel on them? Fit and finish, ride, etc...

I'm STRONGLY looking to order one up in the next month or so, but having lackluster communications when contacting them directly, or some of the dealerships found online... although I'm attributing this to the Corona chaos. I'm looking to order up the boat with specific options, and comparing them price-wise with the Vexus 2080.

2. Member
    Having the same trouble. I contacted them through their website asking for a dealer in my area. No reply! They’ll need to have better customer support if they are going to be around long.
    2022 Avid 20XB | 2022 Yamaha SHO 200 | Minn Kota Raptors | Hummingbird and Garmin electronics

3. Member
    It's a long way from both of y'all but Buck's Island in Southside, AL is carrying Avid boats and they're a reputable dealer. I'm sure they would help you even if it's too far for you to buy from them. They had some Avid boats on display at the Classic and they looked really good. Wish they were out a year or two ago. I might have bought one.

4. Member
    HW Marine in Marshall Tx,or HW Marine in Shreveport La are now a dealer. They have a 20XB in stock.I have one on order now.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loco View Post
    HW Marine in Marshall Tx,or HW Marine in Shreveport La are now a dealer. They have a 20XB in stock.I have one on order now.
    These are great looking boats. Make sure that you post photos when it arrives and give us a full review.

Quote Originally Posted by Bug Pro View Post
    Having the same trouble. I contacted them through their website asking for a dealer in my area. No reply! They’ll need to have better customer support if they are going to be around long.
    Missing your phone call will have no bearing on the longevity of their company.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    If they are answering the phone when they get emails, it probably doesn’t bode well.
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

8. Member
    We have a AVID dealer in Pineville La. I really like the boat. Very close mirror of the Vexus but have changed up a few things that are beneficial.
    Raised lip and seal around the lockers are a big change. Very few tins stay dry.
    As far as price, I'm not sure.
    The Vexus dealer and Avid dealer are about 2 miles from each other. Easy comparison for those interested in this area.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

9. Member
    Good to know! Thanks!!
    2022 Avid 20XB | 2022 Yamaha SHO 200 | Minn Kota Raptors | Hummingbird and Garmin electronics

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorShine View Post
    I see your point but my point was piss poor customer service will give them a black eye. Just my opinion.

11. Member
    Got my eye on them too. Hopefully the customer service issue's are related to C-19 and nothing more. I am very interested in the 19 ft model which has not been released yet. Time will tell.

Pics i seen very nice looking boats and .125” construction too which for this size and hp range is a must IMO. Surprised the vexus boats are just .100” construction.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Pics i seen very nice looking boats and .125” construction too which for this size and hp range is a must IMO. Surprised the vexus boats are just .100” construction.
    For someone who stepped up there boat from a top notch aluminum to a nice fiberglass boat, you sure do stay in the tin forums bashing one brand in particular. I,m gonna ask a Question lots of other folks are wondering. What in the world did Vexus do to you? Besides have people at the landing always admiring the boat and asking questions. This is only my assumption. Just wondering. Some of it is amusing but dang is there nothing in life more important than talking crap about another persons boat. When are you gonna start building boats and make them perfect? Perfect for you is not perfect for others. But when you do start your own line and build the ultimate boat I will for sure be interested in one.
    Have a blessed day.
    Forrest L Wood Signed
    2019 White AVX 1880. E-TEC 135HO.
    Live scope.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    For someone who stepped up there boat from a top notch aluminum to a nice fiberglass boat, you sure do stay in the tin forums bashing one brand in particular. I,m gonna ask a Question lots of other folks are wondering. What in the world did Vexus do to you? Besides have people at the landing always admiring the boat and asking questions. This is only my assumption. Just wondering. Some of it is amusing but dang is there nothing in life more important than talking crap about another persons boat. When are you gonna start building boats and make them perfect? Perfect for you is not perfect for others. But when you do start your own line and build the ultimate boat I will for sure be interested in one.
    Have a blessed day.
    . I’m wondering too.
    2019 Vexus AVX 1980
    2019 Mercury 150 pro xs
    Humminbird Helix 10 Bow and Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I Pilot

15. Member
    Curious also I could see stopping in with some information to help someone out but not usually the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    Have a blessed day.
    I agree. I think he just likes confrontation.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

After all the hours and time spent in this forum i didnt realize i had to get your guys permission to post here. I could of still been the mod of this forum if i wanted too. I dont feel that having a 20’ boat with a heavy 200 on the back made from .100” aluminum is a good idea. Crestliner had some issues with that and Tracker had issues with it just with a 150 on it. Xpress makes theirs from .125” for a reason. Im not the only one who has said this in the past either so i dont get what the issue is. The OP is comparing the 2 so??. Vexus makes a nice boat. But from the start they have been nothing but hype all because of the people that are there and thats the only reason and people know it. They were pure greatness before they even had a boat off the line. After seeing several in person now its just another aluminum boat im sorry thats what it is with a big price tag. I was really impressed with the brand new one at the show that already had wrinkles in the trailer finish where it was seperating from the metal. Reminded me of the finish issues my cousin had on his RT trailer. Just the same as the trackers down the building with the vinyl floors with every corner peeling and their trailers with crooked fenders on them. I notice stuff like that I build and fabricate things to high standards. People that bought stuff from me know this. I can be critical if i want to. I love the new boat we have but the way the wiring was done at the break away tongue looked like a little kid did it and i had to redo it shouldnt of but i posted it on the triton boards hey this isnt too good better check yours out. I look at some of the stuff Tracker and nitro are doing right now and shake my head too. The trackers of today are not like how my 2008 was in alot of ways. In the past we ve had threads like this comparing the purchase of a ranger 198p or a tracker 195 and you have giys saying they wouldnt even consider the tracker get the ranger. How is that any different?
    Last edited by TritonTRXV8; 05-24-2020 at 10:36 AM.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

18. Member
    You certainly don’t need anybody’s permission to post in any forum and I know you have helped lots of people including me. So relax it’s just something members fro 2005, 2013, 2014, and 2019 have noticed you are a asset to BBC.

19. Member
    20 XB, 2021 Year Model, Should be hear in next few weeks rigging with 200 merc V/8 @ HW Marine (will post pics and reviews)
    I'm curious on how you're getting the Merc, or what the price difference was, as I was told Yamaha was the only option...

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    I think a lot of it has to do with the .25" used for the structures in both brands? I'm ok with the .100, but an extra 25% bump in thickness is welcomed, especially if they're running similar or less in price!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast