Motor flops to right steering loose boat turns hard right if I let go of steering

I have a 2008 Bass Tracker with a 2007 Mercury Optimax 75 HP. While on the trailer, when I trim the motor up, part way the motor flops to the right and the steering wheel spins of course. Also, when the motor is trimmed normally I can freely with little effort push and pull the motor back and forth and the steering wheel spins freely in the direction I push and pull the motor. Lastly, while cruising I can’t let go of the steering wheel or it takes a hard right making it dangerous.
    Could this be something with the way the engine pivots or the steering ?

2. Member
    never let go of steering wheel ever, might check into no feed back steering, sounds like nothing wrong
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thank you

4. Member
    You can add a torque tab to your lower to helpwith torque while running. Never let go of the wheel as stated!
    90 Shadow 20' Mod V w/ 200 Merc - Total resto and loving it!
    Here's my build from cap-off to boat in the water.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=336645

5. Member
    When your on the water try to trim up slowly until you find the spot where the steering gets easy where there is no torque on the steering wheel. Gator glen in the tracker forum explained how to find neutral trim in the tin boat forums and it made my life easier.

6. Member
    ^^^^^^ +1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    Sounds normal to me, that's how mine is, I trim it to where the steering gets easy, and on the trailer the transom saver keeps it from moving too much but I still put a bungee strap on the steering wheel to keep it from moving.