300 pro max Ecu??

Does this mean my 250xb has a 300 ignition ecu??
    Attached Images Attached Images

No, that is simply the cover on top of the engine. The 300 ECU raises the max rpm from 6100 (stock 250 XB) to 6400 (300 ProMax). The ECU is on the back of the engine, most of the time it will have a label on it indicating 300.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

3. Member
    I understand where the ecu is, just try to see what the sticker is all about?

It would appear that the motor cover was replaced at some time with one from a 300 ProMax.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    It would appear that the motor cover was replaced at some time with one from a 300 ProMax.
    +1

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Don, mine has the same cover on my 250XB, is that common to be switched out or is it the stock cover?
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Cover may have been replaced- or they may have run short on quarter-size stickers.

The cover was the same, other than that.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor