Monroe Conditions?

Anybody know if the slow side creeks are muddy? I want to go to Monroe this weekend, but I'm not going anywhere near Cutright or the fast side.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

Last couple of times ive been there ….there hasn't been a "slow side"...……...boaters "hammer down" right out of Cutright…..

3. Member
    I haven't been, but judging by the creeks around here, I would guess it is blown out. But I've been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by hardestyeric View Post
    I haven't been, but judging by the creeks around here, I would guess it is blown out. But I've been wrong before.
    I thought that might be the case. I think its rained a lot more up there than it has here, so I wasn't sure.
    Steve Sendelweck

5. Member
    I drove around Monroe today,,no parking at Pine Grove due to kayakers taking it over, water was stained..looked ok to me. Cutright looked good,,Main lake is clear all over, I could even see bottom at the headwaters of Moore’s Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    I drove around Monroe today,,no parking at Pine Grove due to kayakers taking it over, water was stained..looked ok to me. Cutright looked good,,Main lake is clear all over, I could even see bottom at the headwaters of Moore’s Creek.
    Thanks for the info. Love those kayaks. They're always so friendly when they paddle right through where you're fishing.
    Steve Sendelweck

7. Member
    Allen’s Creek Ramp,,no parking available this afternoon, Cutright had ample parking in big overflow lot. Same at Paynetown,,parking in overflow lot. Wait till tomorrow as campers pulling in to all campgrounds as now open and most had boats. Even parking lot was full at spillway of dam. Fairfax was jammed packed. I’m not fishing till Tuesday.

8. Member
    Pine grove kayaks are awful now.
    had to wait 30+ min to load my boat last weekend because they were all parked on the ramp loading boats on top of cars.

Lake is up over 3’ Since Monday. It’s gotta be dirty. Was stained and had Lots of current last weekend before the rains.

9. Member
    The wife showed me a video posted on YouTube taken at 11:30 am today, traffic was backed up at Paynetown from the boat ramp almost all the way stopped and back to the main entrance. That’s fubar’ed.

I slept in an extra hour and went to Patoka instead. I had two five pounders and a couple short fish all day. Some bass are still spawning, but I think most are done. The shad are spawning like Ive never seen before at Patoka. Just a few kayaks, but still annoying.
    Steve Sendelweck

Steve, creeks were just stained today not nearly as bad as I had figured they'd be. Fishing was brutally slow, I "heard" 13 lbs won the jackpot today out of cutright. Last 7 weeks it's taken over 20 lbs. When we left at 4 there wasn't any parking within 5 miles of cutright lol. Vehicles in every spot in all 3 lots and parked along both sides of the road out to 446, crazy!!!

Sounds like I made the right call to stay off monroe. I launched at walls ramp and the parking lot was almost full when I left, but it was never crowded. There was a small tournament at patoka that took 14lbs to win, so fishing wasn't any better. When I crossed the 145 causeway on my way home, the main lake even looked survivable. But I'm still glad I wasn't out there.
    Steve Sendelweck

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    Sounds like I made the right call to stay off monroe. I launched at walls ramp and the parking lot was almost full when I left, but it was never crowded. There was a small tournament at patoka that took 14lbs to win, so fishing wasn't any better. When I crossed the 145 causeway on my way home, the main lake even looked survivable. But I'm still glad I wasn't out there.
    Only took 8 something to win our little 12 boat tournament Saturday at Patoka. She’s tough right now. In a week or two be much better. I think most are post spawn with some spawners. I saw several really nice fish just cruising a foot under the surface in about 10-12 foot water. Fish that have just come off the bed recovering. In a week or so, those fish will be chomping.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    Thanks for the info. Love those kayaks. They're always so friendly when they paddle right through where you're fishing.
    Yu can add jet skier's to that list...