Edwin Evers Lowrance Setup

While watching some of the Lowrance Webinar series on youtube,I noticed at the 6:30 mark that EE has his live wells pumps, live well temps, bilge pumps, and horn tied to his HDS Live 12. At first I thought it was a Nitro feature, but didn't see it listed on Nitro's optional features. Just curious if anyone knows how one would be able to do this through their NMEA 2000 network. I'm sure it would require a lot of rewiring to make it happen, but I liked the idea of pushing a button and the livewells will automatically fill and then transfer over to recirculation mode.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

2. Member
    How do you get down in the center and side to each side?

3. Member
    I believe with the 12 & 16 displays you are able to have 6 separate displays at any one time.

4. Member
    So I also thought this was worth the effort. It is an option on the 2020 models but couldn't find specifics on what parts/manufacturer were involved. I did find something very similar and it's compatible with Lowrance units.
    https://yachtdevicesus.com/collectio...switch-ydcc-04
    Now to decide if it's worth the effort to install and rewire...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    How do you get down in the center and side to each side?
    When you make a new custom panel you have to add 2 structure scan panels then select the layout on the drop down panel.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Missile Pilot View Post
    So I also thought this was worth the effort. It is an option on the 2020 models but couldn't find specifics on what parts/manufacturer were involved. I did find something very similar and it's compatible with Lowrance units.
    https://yachtdevicesus.com/collectio...switch-ydcc-04
    Now to decide if it's worth the effort to install and rewire...
    So this is a Nitro option for their boats? If so, that's pretty cool. I'm not sure if it's worth rewiring my control panels for this or not. Maybe if I had a new boat I plan on keeping for awhile I would, but not for my older boat unless I going to put on a new style console from Bass Cat.

7. Member
    This is/was a feature on the Nitro Z21 Elite models - which don't have any gauges and come with a HDS 16 at the console and a 12 at the bow - but I think it was must have trickled down to the regular Z21 models. Unrelated to Lowrance - I am pretty sure Nitro is offering a new control touch pad on the 2020s that has a "1st Fish" feature.

I was actually curious how that was all done as well - but from the opposite direction as a I was looking at a 2019 Z21 Elite - and wondered if you ever wanted to go to another brand of Electronics - would you be able to control stuff/see gauges.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

8. Member
    I want to know how to have an engine menu on the left side like he does I have my yamaha set up on NEMA and also want to know how to control the idle speed so I can scan at 5mph instead of idle.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkmbjb502 View Post
    This is/was a feature on the Nitro Z21 Elite models - which don't have any gauges and come with a HDS 16 at the console and a 12 at the bow - but I think it was must have trickled down to the regular Z21 models. Unrelated to Lowrance - I am pretty sure Nitro is offering a new control touch pad on the 2020s that has a "1st Fish" feature.

I was actually curious how that was all done as well - but from the opposite direction as a I was looking at a 2019 Z21 Elite - and wondered if you ever wanted to go to another brand of Electronics - would you be able to control stuff/see gauges.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    I believe you might be able to with Garmin since I know that their NMEA 2000 cables and connectors work with my Lowrance ones. For Humminbird, you probably would have to run their Solix units in order to get these functions.

10. Member
    Booter,

Not worried about the NEMA connection itself - Displaying the NEMA data if sensors are installed shouldn't be too bad (Z21 has MercMonitor harness) - but how the Lowrance/programming connects with the actual boat systems is a mystery at this point. The Z21 Elites do not have any physical gauges - no fuel, water pressure or trim - or Speed but not really worried about that . Also while the Elite Z21 does have backup control panel buttons - the idea is to use the HDS 16 for touch-buttons - live well/bilge pumps, lights, horn, etc. I have not been able to find anything on HOW the Lowrance is programmed to act as the controller.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

11. Member
    Ranger did this on the ICON limited edition models that has a 16 carbon in the dash
    2004 Ranger 175VS/Mercury 125
    2018 Ram 2500-full thuren king 2.5 suspension

12. Member
    My Ranger is set up Like this ! Found by mistake a couple weeks ago ��
    2020 - Ranger 520L Midnight Fox | Mercury 4S 250 - Go Boldly! | Atlas Jackplate | Ultrex | Lowrance Active Target | Power Poles !!

13. Member
    You can add up to 52 devices on your NMEA2000-network without issues. A temp-probe in the livewell is quite easy to install. With digital switching (which Lowrance supports) the rest can be installed to.

14. Member
    IMG_0216.jpg It's the bottom right rocker aand you can get the cable from Yamaha. Simple plug in to your N2K backbone.