Thread: 919 HANDLING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

919 HANDLING

How do any of these models handle on top end? Do they like to walk or not?

2. Member
    Any high speed rig set up to hit peak performance has the tendency to walk. That said, there are rigs out there that are maximized and do not walk. A lot of it is also on the driver and seat time- the rest is on setup. If I put you in my driver's seat and you stood on it for 30 seconds and trimmed it out, she would walk- guaranteed. I could swap seats with you and take you on a ride up to high 70s and she wouldn't. To answer your first question, mine handles very well on top end for me. Everything I've heard/seen on a 919 is nothing but awesomeness by the way.
    2014 920/SHO

3. Member
    I agree with everything txbass said. I have a 919. I do not ever notice it walking, but I don't let it. It drives very well at WOT with a little seat time.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ exactly, if you let it, it can, but when setup right and you get the feel for it, its like taking the training wheels off of a bicycle then you never think about it, drive it anyway you want.

Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    but when setup right and you get the feel for it, its like taking the training wheels off of a bicycle then you never think about it, drive it anyway you want.
    I have to agree with this.....i dont have a 919 but the 619 and can walk...in fact during and after my break-in had the walking pretty bad....once i got the jackplate setup to the right spot, it's like it disappeared and the handling was EASY......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    What are you guys seeing top end speeds w/225?
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

7. Member
    I have a 919 with a 225 sho, she has tried walking a few times but it is very easy to drive through. I dont think I have my plate set just right either as I know she has more in her. My speeds are 67 with live wells empty and 3/4 tank of gas and 63 with live wells full and my son and his high school partner in the boat. When Im loaded I can at times have a hard time getting a good hole shot, thats why I think my plate isnt set properly as I know my sho has plenty of power, especially at mid range. I love my 919, I was a previous Cat owner and yes they were fast, but this boat is still fast, fishes amazing, drafts shallow, is super stable and the layout is superior in my opionion to all of the small boxes my Pumas had. I love having the one large center compartment.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitman View Post
    I have a 919 with a 225 sho, she has tried walking a few times but it is very easy to drive through. I dont think I have my plate set just right either as I know she has more in her. My speeds are 67 with live wells empty and 3/4 tank of gas and 63 with live wells full and my son and his high school partner in the boat. When Im loaded I can at times have a hard time getting a good hole shot, thats why I think my plate isnt set properly as I know my sho has plenty of power, especially at mid range. I love my 919, I was a previous Cat owner and yes they were fast, but this boat is still fast, fishes amazing, drafts shallow, is super stable and the layout is superior in my opionion to all of the small boxes my Pumas had. I love having the one large center compartment.
    Yep, those are very low numbers for a 919. My 819 touches close to 70 GPS with 3 people. Around 71.5 GPS with just me.

All performance boats "walk", once you get used to driving them they quit walking mysteriously..

9. Member
    78.1 is my top end for my 919. If I removed more weight from the boat, I'm certain it can hit 80.

I can hit 75 easy by myself with my boat having absolutely too much stuff in it.

73-74 loaded with another person and cool temps.

72-73 loaded with another person in the summer.

As soon as you learn to drive it, you do it without thinking.

10. Scraps
    I have 60 hours on my 819 and can't do that, yet. I don't get a lot of opportunity to run WOT so not a lot of practice. But have heard many guys that it's just a matter of seat time and I believe it.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

11. Member
    x2 Exactly what I have seen out of mine with a 2 stroke

12. Member
    This gives me hope. We have about 4 hours on our new 19PHX and when we get it to low 60's the pucker factor is so bad we have to back off. I told my son he can learn how to keep it from walking and then he can teach me.

13. Member
    I saw 78 a couple times by myself with a light load in cool water. 75-76 normal load. 72 with tournament load and 2 people.
    2021 caymas cx21

14. Member
    Those numbers are really good for a 225.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

15. Member
    Your motor is set to low from the factory and causes it to chine at those low speeds. Set it at around 3 ptp and move most of your weight to the port side. My 919 is steady all the way to 72.

16. Member
    I also ran some props and the tempest is the easiest to drive at the higher speeds and lifts better than my fury. Top speed is about the same at 77

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookedup2 View Post
    I also ran some props and the tempest is the easiest to drive at the higher speeds and lifts better than my fury. Top speed is about the same at 77
    Interesting, I've been toying with a tempest for my 819.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookedup2 View Post
    What pitch tempest did you run?

Hey guys, I know I have a different boat, 721 with 4S Merc. but I just tried a Temp+ and got better performance out of it than the Fury. If you can try a known good Temp+ you should

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

20. Member
    It was a 25 and was a couple of years old with a few dings, but still ran good. I would like to try a 24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast