Refutation of Lance Conley book

Dozer, I don't always agree with what is posted but it always challenges me to understand my own beliefs at a deeper level. I had to look up Lance Conley and the book he wrote to try to understand what Mr. Preston was refuting, which was full preterism (FP). There were some interesting comments about FP in the reviews. One that stuck out defining it stated it was a " paradigm that is designed to cast doubt upon the future hope of Christians in a bodily resurrection and new heaven and earth free from sin and death and pain and sorrow. ". Just curious if you saw FP as refuting bodily resurrection and a life everlasting.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

3. Member
    Good evening SD.

Thank you for your comment. I applaud you for trying to understand in more depth what you believe. The scriptures command us to do just that, so thank you again.

No I have not seen any of those comments. As to Christianity any denomination, belief systems, doctrines ect. You have to be very careful because there are so many extremist both on the left and right of different issues. I will say this I spent 6 years of my life studying 6-10 hours a day once I came across the partial preterist view. It took me about 2 years after reviewing/studying the partial preterist view before I became a full preterist I was in my 40s and had already studied the bible for years and years.

I was raised / taught mostly the dispensational view of eschatology but was never afraid to look and examine the other orthodox views. The issue for me during my Christian walk was NONE of the Orthodox views are consistent in any shape form or fashion.

I don't have to read the critics of full preterism because there is not one biblical objection to the eschatological system I have not read and studied thoroughly. There isn't a bible verse someone could come to me where they could say " I gotcha ". I am a critical thinker and have always been one since I was first born again at the age of 12. I looked at like this......................If my eternity is based upon what I believe in or put my faith in, it was worth examining.

Sd, regarding the Resurrection. I am going to answer this from a "ORTHODOX" point of view NOT ONE OF THE EXTREME POSITIONS SOME HAVE TAUGHT IN FULL PRETERISM.

1. A corporate body view of the resurrection. (Think of Jude 9) was devil arguing over "the physical body of Moses ? or the corporate body of the jews who were under Torah )
    2. A individual body view of the resurrection.
    3. The resurrection occurred in A.D. 70

I am not going to go into detail here with those views because it would take a book or two to write LOL. I would recommend Sam Frost book that Don K Preston offers which is called "exegetical essays on the resurrection". An awesome full of exegesis but written in a way a guy like me can understand. Don K Preston has books on that topic as well. So do many other authors. Lastly in regards to the Resurrection......................I don't have to know which kind of Resurrection it was ......................but I do have to admit that according to the OT and NT it was to occur in their lifetime not mine. Apostle Paul was on trial and he made the statement in the Greek language which stated "There is "about to be" a resurrection of the just and un just. The Greek word Paul used there is used countless times in the NT and it means what it says it means "about to" . Not 200, not 2000 not 2,000,000 years away. I encourage you and any others who watch what I post to prove the scriptures wrong.

I believe in life everlasting . I do know and I am familiar with the preterist who do not believe in Life everlasting and I understand their argument and the scriptures' they use to defend their belief. My studies found their view NON factual.

Study to show yourself approved ............rightly dividing the Word of God !

4. Member
    Please keep this in mind as you study.................Jesus and his Apostles NEVER TAUGHT ANYTHING NOT FOUND IN THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS. If we don't understand apocalyptic language that were used by the Jews for centuries and found in the OT we will never understand what is written in the NT. The Western world (and all those around the world which we have taught through mission work ie, indoctrinated) read the bible through Western eyes. Its sad.

5. Member
    SD, regarding the remaining part of your comment " Christians in a bodily resurrection and new heaven and earth free from sin and death and pain and sorrow. "

I do not know your personal views on the "Last things" but I do know this ..............In Revelation 21 a New Heaven and a New Earth came down from Heaven. And I know any futurist view believes that the end of Revelation describes "Heaven", God dwells with men , wipes every tear away, no more death morning or pain,He makes everything new, the city of God is measured, gold streets, Ah but there is NO TEMPLE ! Now skip to chapter 22 and we find these interesting things which blow holes in any futurist paradigm.

"The angel said to me,These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets,sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”

7 “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.”

"Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near. "

12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

"Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood." *****I hope you have been clothed in Christ **

Lastly, after the New Heavens and the New Earth have came down from God ...................The Spirit and the Bride (Holy Spirit and the Church) offer this message

The
    Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

SD, After the New Heaven and New Earth and God comes to dwell with His people and there is no temple.............The good news is still proclaimed because the Gospel is the Eternal Gospel.

6. Member
    The gates of the City of God are never closed. Mankind (those who are living) always have a opportunity to repent and call on the name of Lord to be saved and enter the City of God .

"TheCity whose gates will never be shut; where the Spirit and Bride perpetually invite the thirsty who are outside the city to "Come, drink of the waters of life."

Entering the City of God in Revelation is nothing more than repentance and being clothed in Christ perfect white garments............... If you try to enter the City on your own righteousness , well good luck. Nothing impure will ever enter that city. I'm counting on the righteousness of Christ for my ticket :)