Unhappy Traeger grease fire BAD / What to repaint interior with?

Damage is done. Windy day, did a couple pork bellies the week before, did a Tri tip roast, cranked up heat for a finishing sear and internal inferno! Flames shooting out everywhere. After it finally burned out, most of the internal paint peeled off of the upper half of the interior. What should I use to repaint with and how to prep? Thanks for any advice!!! Scott
    Scott Inman

2. Banned
    I wouldn’t paint it. Brush off the loose paint and let the smoke coat it.

While cleaning the loose debris today, I think it's
    creosote and not paint. I can now say that Traegers are durable! It was ablaze for at least 15 min. and not much damage! I'll need to touch up the chimney cap and a couple other spots. Does anyone know if Traeger touch up paint is unique or will any high temp paint work for outer touch up?
    Scott Inman

4. Member
    Im confused. A grill is tough because it can withstand fire? Paint? I wouldn’t want paint on the inside of something I cook with

5. Member
    I think they're powdercoated, not painted. I doubt they sell touch up, because it would just flake off again when it got hot and the metal expands.

6. Member
    Yes the traeger is powder coated on the outside and they do sell a touch up paint that works decent.