Thread: No Beep

No Beep

I have a brand new 2020 250 ProXS SN# 2B743965 on a Phoenix 721. I've got 22hrs on the motor so far. 1 out of ever 4-5 times, when I flip the key, I don't get a beep. If I turn it over it starts up no problem.

Yesterday I was out and turned the key and got no beep, I went to turn it over and it was dead. Didn't make a sound. I left the key on and flipped through my smartcraft and had 12.8v still. I turned the key off, turned it back on, didn't get the beep again, but it fired right up.

I have the Phoenix integrated wiring, the motor is hooked directly to the battery, and the battery is properly sized.

Any helpful things to check would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    2020 Phoenix 721 ProXP 250 Merc ProXS
    Dual 10' Blades / 10" Atlas hyd plate
    HDS 12 Lives w/ Active Target
    Helix 12 MSI & 10 w/360

2. Member
    If you run the trim before you start it, no beep. Try it without touching the trim and it will give the alarm operating beep. Made me wonder at first also
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Brewerbass View Post
    If you run the trim before you start it, no beep. Try it without touching the trim and it will give the alarm operating beep. Made me wonder at first also
    This is correct, any trim movement "wakes" up the system thus no beep however, "went to turn it over and it was dead"
    should not have happened as a result of "waking" up", that's got to be something else.

2B576211

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    A good starting point would be to check the clean power fuse, and clean power connections at the engine cranking battery. Also check the 14 pin wiring harness connector at the back of the engine to make sure it is fully locked (securely connected).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Banned
    same here ! don’t hit trim until after you start up !, had me scratching my head !

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    BTW... it doesn't hurt a think to use trim before starting the engine (just remember you may not get the test beep if you did).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor