Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lender changes rate AFTER we agree upon a price

So I agreed upon a rate yesterday on a brand new triton 17tx, my first boat purchase. This dealership handles their own financing..

anyways we agreed on a rate, I bought a new hitch to tow the boat, I purchased my insurance, I was ready to pick it up tomorrow at 3pm

he calls me today and said they made a mistake And my interest rate will go up over a full percent, and now my payments are up about 12%.. essentially costing me nearly 4k extra on a 25k boat

he then tried to sell me on dropping the warranty..

so now I have the option to pay more per month, and go from an 8 year to a 3 year warranty..

what the crap.. now my credit karma is blowing me up with alerts because they are trying to find another lender..

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Can you make him stick to what yall agreed on? Any where else you can look? Don't cave if you haven't signed the papers. You can always cancel insurance and return the hitch......signed papers and you can't return a boat as easy....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Walk away.

4. Member
    I told him, original monthly payment with original down payment with original agreed upon warranty or no deal. I’m not budging.

the sale price of the boat was pretty good (21k) but I wasn’t getting an amazing interest rate to begin with so I’m not going to accept a legitimately bad one or a warranty that dies early in the finance term

5. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Walk, sounds like a bait and switch.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

6. Member
    Sorry for your issues, I know how excited you were.
    Things happen for a reason. Walk away from this one.

7. Member
    That’s exactly how they get the money back for the good price. Not uncommon at all. The only thing they understand is “no thanks”

ans sadly, even if they cave, can you trust them with anything else? Service? Warranty? Filing the paperwork on your extended warranty? Telling you you are getting Platimun and find out you didn’t.

Sorry,, you have to walk away.

8. Member
    They are not someone I'd trust. There are other deals out there without scam tactics. Don't just walk away, run!

9. Member
    Stick to original deal or walk

10. Member
    As the others have said. Don’t give in. Matter of fact check around yourself for a loan. Your bank, rec lending, etc. You’ll find out quick if they honestly made a mistake or not.

11. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    If your payment went up 12% with a 1% rate increase, the dealer isn’t good at math.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

They was hoping youd cave in getting hooked on it and getting insurance and all. I wouldnt even talk to them and lock your credit down so they dont keep checking it. If they finance in house they didnt make a mistake.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

13. Member
    Don't do it. As said above, the trust factor is now lost. No way they'd be trusted for anything in the future. Warranty, work, etc.

14. Member
    As a person who also had a terrible dealer experience, I think we need to start putting these dealers on blast. I understand witch hunts aren't a great idea most of the time, but people oughta know if they're dealing with dishonest people.

15. Member
    Don’t walk away... run away

16. Member
    Did you get anything on paper? Interest payments are predicated on credit reports. Was that caveat in the paperwork? Verbal and handshakes are pretty worthless in court, this ain't the Wild Wild West.

17. Member
    Been there! RUN FORREST RUN!

18. Member
    I'd have had a new truck that matched my boat, but the dealer pulled something similar, when I went to pick up the truck.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

19. Moderator
    If they won't honor the original deal then move on. Not worth the hassle later on down the road.

Run Hide
    Phoenix 919 Merc 225 pro XS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast