Cumberland this weekend

Headed to Cumberland first thing Friday morning. I was planning to fish around Beaver creek to start with.
    Anyone have any reports or could tell me what to expect..This is my first trip there.

Thanks
    2014 Phoenix 721
    2014 Mercury Pro xs

2. Member
    Last weekend Largemouth were guarding fry. In the cuts and were very shallow. Caught a lot on a frog and flipping a jig. And when I say shallow I mean like I seen several of them on the bank. But now since the lake come up 6 more ft who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by adamr_41 View Post
    Headed to Cumberland first thing Friday morning. I was planning to fish around Beaver creek to start with.
    Anyone have any reports or could tell me what to expect..This is my first trip there.

Thanks
    Water Levels and ramps on my site

4. Member
    A follow-up would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by spec View Post
    A follow-up would have been nice.
    I often get PM's that I call hit and run...they hit you up wanting information and then they run with it never to be heard from again . I have learned over the years to be vague with information and just give water color, temps and conditions. People should be able to figure the rest out on their own if they know anything about catching fish.

6. Member
    I'm going down to try for stripers tomorrow night. My first time. Hope I catch one.

7. Member
    You’re pretty much to late for striper if topwater or slivers are what you’re wanting to do with the water temp bring 78*. Don’t get fooled because it’s smooth running before dark because after dark it’s bad trashy. Some nice ones floating & in some cases acres of it. We fished last night & had a decent bite. I’d fish creeks before the main lake if it was me, but as usual the creeks have more trash than the main lake too.

8. Member
    Fished the main last night had alot of blow ups. They for some reason missed changed colors, speed. Did manage to get hooked up on a nice striper and 1 walleye. Try again tonight.

9. Member
    Put a stinger hook on your favorite jointed topwater plug. Walleye are bad to short strike. If you listen closely to the fish blowing up you will be able to distinguish the BAM of a striper and the "slurp" of a walleye.

i put out a weekly fishing report on my guide services webstite

www.thesweetclovercollective.com
    Gambler Intimidator

11. Member
    Adam, thanks for the report. They're hard to come by on Cumberland so i'd say lots of folks appreciate you posting it.

12. Banned
    I will be down there late tomorrow night thru tues. plan on fishing Sunday morning, Sunday night-Monday morning and maybe mon night depending on fishing.

I will be fishing for walleye mostly. Mudlines I reckon.

13. Member
    I talked to a fellow Friday night that was set up on a point & he said they're catching the heck out of crappie & that the walleye bite is pretty good too. There are boats with green lights set up on lots of main lake & creek points & also the deep pockets. What area of the lake are you going to be in?

14. Banned
    I think we put in at Hill marina. Very pretty lake but the fishing wasn’t so great. A lot of traffic!!

15. Member
    Man hate to hear that.