Thread: 215/F21 setup

215/F21 setup

I'm guessing the 215s and F21s come rigged pretty much the same as far as the Atlas mounting position and props unless you ask for something else. I've got the stock Fury 23 on Atlas jackplate. Finally have breakin done, so that I should be able to open it up for more than a minute at a time.
    Question, what have y'all found to be optimum jackplate setting for running WOT to get RPMS up in the 6 to 6.2k range and top end speed?

2. Member
    I have a 24p Fury 4 on a 205. For me, it seems like 6-8 is the sweet spot. Any higher than that and speed starts to drop slightly. I hit 6000 at this height. I haven’t dedicated a whole lot of time fine tuning these numbers, but that’s been my experience.

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. If it's set up same height that would be right at 3" PTP. Kind of what I'd expect.
    Any 215/F21 owners care to share?

4. Member
    With my merc 4 stroke I have found that it is not real picky about height. 3-4 different props and all of them are similiar through a relatively wide range of heights. If water pressure drops too much then it is too high.... Otherwise the boat runs about the same from 3.5 below to 2 inches below. Maybe 2 mph difference... I need to test more.