Thread: Lake Seminole

Lake Seminole

Taking my boys to Seminole next month and I have never been there. Anyone have any good insight? I've heard it can be a little tricky with all the trees? Any areas should I look out for specifically, as would really like to keep my prop and lower unit.
    David Tervin
    2014 Ranger Z521C / Evinrude 250 ETEC HO
    Lakeland, FL

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyGATOR View Post
    Taking my boys to Seminole next month and I have never been there. Anyone have any good insight? I've heard it can be a little tricky with all the trees? Any areas should I look out for specifically, as would really like to keep my prop and lower unit.
    Only run on plane in the marked channels, especially in Spring Creek, even if you don't see stumps they're there. Idle everywhere else and you'll be fine. Good thing about Seminole is there's not really anywhere outside the channels that takes long to idle to. The summer bite on Seminole can be excellent for a southern lake because of the two rivers. PM a few days out from your trip and I'll give you some places to try out and things to throw.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Only run on plane in the marked channels, especially in Spring Creek, even if you don't see stumps they're there. Idle everywhere else and you'll be fine. Good thing about Seminole is there's not really anywhere outside the channels that takes long to idle to. The summer bite on Seminole can be excellent for a southern lake because of the two rivers. PM a few days out from your trip and I'll give you some places to try out and things to throw.
    I can't figure out how to catch a fish after 930am on Seminole. If you could point me inn the right direction I'd appreciate it. Don't need any of your secrets just need a clue.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    I can't figure out how to catch a fish after 930am on Seminole. If you could point me inn the right direction I'd appreciate it. Don't need any of your secrets just need a clue.
    That's because they move. The bass on Seminole are some of the most mobile bass ive ever seen. They're easy in the morning because they're all doing the same thing, sitting on the outside edge of the pads and hydrilla eating. Once that sun comes up they either go deeper in depth or deeper in the grass. Around 10 is when I usually start punching up the rivers or working the ledges in spring creek.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyGATOR View Post
    Water Levels and ramps on my site