Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC

WATTS BAR 2020 Allson Rally

Yes, the annual rally is still on. I just found out the other night. I actually didn't think it was on due to a conversation I had a month or so ago with a few locals.

So the good news is there's a rally, the bad news is there's only 1-2 bedroom unit available at Terrace View. There are other marinas/lodging on Watts BAr as well. the Terrace View Rest is open for take out only at this point. And I'm told other restaurants on the water are the same.

Skewby will have a meal for all on Monday and Tuesday evening and talk of maybe going back to years ago with grilling other nights instead of dinners at the local marinas due to the take out aspect. Only way for Skewby to accept the responsibility of hosting the remaining meals is financial and volunteer support.

The dates are Sunday, June 21 to June 28.

Anyone interested or need more info please post here with questions and I'll answer.

Thanks
    Craig
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

My father and I will have to make the drive from Texas one year see pictures of it every year and it looks like a blast.
    97 Allison XB2003/ 250 Proxs

Just found out today that Terrace View will be take out for everyone except the Allison people for the rally. Gotta love the Cauleys and TV!!!!!
    xb-21 prosport 225 pro xs

4. Member
    Oh wow Skewby...that is awesome!!! Give them all a big hug for us
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

The week of the rally TV is renamed Allison annex. Lol

6. Member
    Yep

Hey Skewby, I'm going to mail you a few banners that I had from last year. Beings I won't get there til Tuesday then you can hang em up
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

7. Member
    I'm not an Allison owner but have been to some of the rallies when you guys came up to Cherokee for the day. Do you still come up here or stay on Watts Bar? At one time, the guys went up to Linda's Lakeside Marine and then down to Cedar Hill for a cookout. A friend of mine, Joe Harrell hosted the cookout at Cedar Hill and maybe Black Oak.

8. Member
    What you described was my first rally back in 2010. Stayed in Danbury at a hotel and would drive on up to Cherokee. It was fun for sure. Joe was and is a terrific host. He fed us at his place too.

Since then we've moved it to Watts Bar and stayed there ever since. The local Allison owners stepped up and worked hard to get it done right so we stayed. The remaining local businesses and marinas/restaurants have treated us excellent too. It's a great place to hold a rally. Skewby's influence along with his local comrads have made this rally what it is today..nothing short of spectular
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

9. Member
    Is there a schedule of events posted anywhere ?

Boats in the water in morning then just run and decide where people want to go and see, not really any plans. Spaghetti dinner by me Monday for supper and shrimp boil by me Tuesday. Not sure if they will. E survived at terrace view or my housemate. But probably at terrace view. Possible 4 hour fishing tournament Thursday morning and if people agree a poker run after the weigh in. That would be 50 miles or so unless people want to venture up river then it will add an additional 50 miles

Hot breakfast will be served at terrace view in the mornings from 9-1030. After that they will have fruit and muffins for the hung over and late rising crowd. The spaghetti supper will be at the pool at terrace view Monday as will the shrimp boil supper Tuesday supplied by me. Good chance of a supper fixed could be supplied Wednesday but if not terrace view is ours from Sunday to Sunday for our meals.

12. Member
    Thanks

Supper will be cooked and supplied by Ray and Laura Burch on Wednesday and Thursday. Grilling burgers one night and homemade BBQ The other night.

14. Member
    whos ray and laura burch? sounds good to me!!!
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Great family from middle TN that started coming 2 years ago with their 4 daughters

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0