Let talk electronics

So I am new to the boat and Birds its a 2019 F205 with Helix G2N SI and DI that linked. I have several questions.

1. It doesnt seem that the Yamaha or the Ultrex is networked from the factory, is that the case or am I missing something.

2. It looks like I am going to need to ad an Ethernet switch to network the ultrex and the Yamaha. Has anyone else did this.

3. Where can I tap into the power for the accessory switches?

Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Is the Ultrex the link model? If so you probably do need a switch to connect the Ultrex to the graphs if you want the jog features or tocontrol the trolling motor from the graph. I have it setup that way on mine and have NEVER used it.... I am not sure what is required from Yamaha to import the data into the graphs but that is most likely on a NEMA 2000 connection and not the Ethernet network.

3. Member
    I am not sure on the ethernet connection to the Ultrex, may already he networked. But on the Yamaha, if it is similar to the Merc, it's about a grand for the NMEA network hardware etc... display engine data on Birds.

4. Member
    So I got the NMEA backbone setup but I want to put the hot on a switch. Where can I find the leads for the accessories switch? I see plenty of terminals for the ground on the fuse block, I just dont see any for the switches on the dash. Maybe I need to pull the switch panel and go straight to the switch?

5. Member
    If you want to hook up to one of the accessory switches, you’ll have to take off the switch panel. I recently
    installed a 360 and that’s how I supplied power to it. It’s pretty easy. There will be a positive and negative coming off the switch, labeled “acc1” or “acc2” (I think) which correspond to the fuse on the fuse block. Both wires have butt splices already on them, so splice them together and replace the fuse in the block with whatever amperage you require. All is still working well so I think I did it right!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarner View Post
    If you want to hook up to one of the accessory switches, you’ll have to take off the switch panel. I recently
    installed a 360 and that’s how I supplied power to it. It’s pretty easy. There will be a positive and negative coming off the switch, labeled “acc1” or “acc2” (I think) which correspond to the fuse on the fuse block. Both wires have butt splices already on them, so splice them together and replace the fuse in the block with whatever amperage you require. All is still working well so I think I did it right!
    yeah I pulled panel and found them thanks. Also the two terminals on the bow end of the fuse block are on the main power switch.