Caymas with ghost

Might be ordering a cx20 with the lowrance electronics and ghost trolling motor. I am concerned that you can only get a 47". My 52" ultrex seems too short fishing offshore in the wind on my triton with it's nose down design. Does anybody have any experience with the ghost on a caymas. Don't want to switch brands of electronics and am to impatient to wait for lowrance to release their 52" ghost

2. Banned
    CJ / CaymasMan 20 on here has one on his boat, he will chime in on here.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trxtx View Post
    Might be ordering a cx20 with the lowrance electronics and ghost trolling motor. I am concerned that you can only get a 47". My 52" ultrex seems too short fishing offshore in the wind on my triton with it's nose down design. Does anybody have any experience with the ghost on a caymas. Don't want to switch brands of electronics and am to impatient to wait for lowrance to release their 52" ghost
    My cx20 pr0 has a ghost 47. I'm on ky lake and mine works great for me. If your Triton had a 52 ultrex on it and you say it was to short, you will want to wait for the longer ghost probably. Maybe if you order a cx20, lowrance will have one by that build time.

4. Member
    I have run the Ghost on two boats I feel the 47" shaft is a good all around length. I fish big water lakes and have not had any issues with the troll coming out of the water and not being able to hold on a spot. I have been very impressed with the Ghost Lowranced hit a home run with the Ghost. I have had my boat for a few months now and still haven't calibrated the spot lock due to it working so well... I feel the way its working with not being calibrated to works better then the ultrex. That being said on my last boat the troll was calibrated and it was crazy how good it held on a spot and did not move around trying to hold.

5. Member
    I have a CX 21 and Ghost/Lowrance electronics. The Ghost works fine even in deep water. The spot lock is amazing and works well to keep me in place with the waves at Lanier. Now mind you that at times it does come out of the wate..but does bring the boat back. So far, very impressed.

6. Member
    Thanks,I think I'll take my chances with the 47. I don't want to miss out on the yamaha yes warranty going on now

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trxtx View Post
    Thanks,I think I'll take my chances with the 47. I don't want to miss out on the yamaha yes warranty going on now
    Good luck