What size wiring for graphs?

I’m currently running a live 9 and a carbon 9, both hooked to factory bus bars. They are occasionally a bit slow and laggy. I added the voltage reading to data overlay and I figured out why. The console 9 Live is getting right at 12 volts when the engine is off, but as soon as I turn on lights or live well pump, the voltage drops. The bow graph is even lower. I’m going to go ahead and run dedicated wiring to the graphs, and was curious what size I should run, I’m going to swap one of the 9in units for a 12. Keep in mind the power chords are fairly small gauge wire and I need to be able to hook whatever size wire I run to those power chords preferably with a crimp connector.
    2004 Ranger 175VS/Mercury 125
    2018 Ram 2500-full thuren king 2.5 suspension

Check the documentation for max current draw in Amps. Armed with that information there are any amount of charts online that will give you wire size for a given current draw. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to look that up, then up it one wire size (next lower number.)
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Active Target 2 on Seelite Pole
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175

3. Member

4. Member
    I run 10 guage from battery to a dedicated fuse box. Then 12 gauge to each graph.

12 gauge would be overkill. In this case overkill is a good thing. Copper prices are out of sight right now, but even so it won’t cost much more for heavier wire. It will be a little harder to work with, but heavy wire and good quality connection will serve you well.
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Active Target 2 on Seelite Pole
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175

6. Member
    You can transition sizes easily with the right connectors. You can get the 16-14awg male connectors for the graph power cord side and the 12-10awg female connectors for the battery side. The different gauge size connectors all use the same (.250”) spade sizes.
    https://www.defender.com/product.jsp...992&id=3544232

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikear View Post
    You can transition sizes easily with the right connectors. You can get the 16-14awg male connectors for the graph power cord side and the 12-10awg female connectors for the battery side. The different gauge size connectors all use the same (.250”) spade sizes.
    https://www.defender.com/product.jsp...992&id=3544232
    thanks, did not know they made these.

8. Banned
    I ran 10/2 marine grade wire. Here is the link. https://www.amazon.com/Duplex-Tinned...10%2F2+&sr=8-8

I just ran a new power cable from the battery straight to my carbon 12. I used same wire off amazon in the link above from amazon except I used 12 gauge. It was about a 15 foot run to the console. I also bought a 12 gauge waterproof fuse holder off amazon from invincible marine. Put the fuse at the battery to prevent wires melting and potential fire. I took the 20 amp fuse out of the fuse holder and installed a 5 amp fuse. The fuse is really there to protect the wiring not to save your unit.