Cracks in livewell

2019 z520.
    Livewell has a crack, a rear compartment has a crack and cooler is cracked. Anyone had any issues like this? I’ll try and post a pic later.

I have a 2015 Z520C that developed a crack in the livewell and Ranger paid for having it repaired no questions. Went through my dealer and all was good.

3. Moderator
    Good to hear.
    Still has me concerned that it happened in 3 separate places on the boat.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    That’s extremely rare, Alan, especially in three compartments, but 100% warranty coverage. Just let your closest dealer know as soon as possible so that the necessary can get started on its way. Good luck and best wishes.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    Are all the cracks in a line? ie, if you drew a line through all three cracks, does it run down a particular line of the boat? If so, would be worried there could be some structural issue w/ the hull, causing flexion, and breakage at the same place.

Def worth a trip to the dealer.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

6. Moderator
    Just picked it up today, it hasn’t been fixed but it is scheduled for a trip to the fiberglass shop. Will continue to use it as normal til appointment time. It has been deemed the crack in cooler is hairline but will be fixed. The live well and compartment cracks are actually air pockets. The material wasn’t mixed properly or the ran out and swapped it or something they said.

7. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    Are all the cracks in a line? ie, if you drew a line through all three cracks, does it run down a particular line of the boat? If so, would be worried there could be some structural issue w/ the hull, causing flexion, and breakage at the same place.

Def worth a trip to the dealer.
    the white part is only for making compartments has no effect on the structure. So they say and it makes sense

If they said “air pocket” that’s just where someone missed a place with their bubble buster.... no biggie.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

9. Member
    I thought all the compartments were bag molded? I guess it could be an "air pocket" but hard to see exactly how. Also, how on 3 separate compartments? See around the 10:00 mark in this video:

2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

10. Moderator
    I can’t get pictures to post. Lol someone who can is welcome to Message me a cell and I’ll text them to that person to post and get yalls thoughts.

Could be stress cracks in the gelcoat and nothing to be concerned about. The glass guy should know.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

My 2011 Z520 had the cracks in the livewell. Ranger had a local dealer repair them.
    Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!

13. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    Could be stress cracks in the gelcoat and nothing to be concerned about. The glass guy should know.
    Cracks are not in the gel coat they are centrealized to the white parts that make up compartments, livewell, and cooler

I have the same thing going on in my 2019 Z518...not happy about it. Seems they were toasting a few adult beverages when making our rigs.

My laundry list off issues:

1) Cover didn't fit...they sent me a new cover but never sent the correct supports to allow the use of it.
    2) I have 3 stripped screws in my windshield
    3) I have 1 stripped screw in bow graph plate
    4) My cup holders are popping out and not staying in there holes...seems the adhesive has pulled away
    5) Livewell leak...they did a sh*t job on the hose and it's kinked and blowing off when in use
    6) Rub rails screws are already loose
    7) My lean seat won't go up and down and seems to be frozen not allowing me to spin or use it correctly
    8) My console graph would sporadically stop working....I found that the positive cable behind the graph wasn't seated correctly in the power distribution block
    9) 1" chip gave loose in the cooler gel coat under the lid...seems they attempted to put a lift on the cooler
    10) I have an LED strip coming loose on the console

While looking for the livewell leak, I found 3 srews and 2 hose clamps just tossed in the bottom. They're not spares for me to use...seems they just didn't care to retrieve them.

I bought this boat as Ranger quality was supposed to be impeccable, not happy about the above at all.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Z518, but wish I didn't have the amount of issues I do.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

15. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Very sorry to hear about the issues above, AJ. If you haven’t taken your boat back to the dealer for warranty service [all of these items would be covered], or don’t intend to have the dealer address them, shoot me a PM and I’ll provide some ideas for fixing most of them. Of course, we’d prefer never to need to fix anything on our boats, but thankfully we do have options within the 3-year warranty period.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Thank you for the offer. I will be taking it to the dealership very soon. I will only work on things once the warranty time passes. I should be in no way dealing in this many problems.

But I have suspicions on why...I bought my rig when motors were hard to get a hold of. They held off building my rig until a motor was secured and on its way to Ranger. Then it seems they slammed it together to get it in route to my dealership.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

17. Moderator
    14th trip back to dealer couple days ago. But only and handful for “ranger” issues. Compartment in front of console always wet is the newest issue. Not to mention terrible air pockets in most of the compartments