Thread: Mark Twain

Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620

Mark Twain

Anybody fishing Mark Twain lately?
    I know the lake 6 or 7 ' high. But what is the water clarity?
    Last time I was up there it was a mudhole, which was 4 weeks ago.
    Any Help appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Banned
    Friend of mine fished a tourney this past weekend had 10 keepers (Bass). Everything they caught was post spawn
    Crappie are biting just off the banks if that's what you are after,=.

I may make a day trip this weekend

3. Member
    Friend of mine was there on Tuesday. Said visibility in the Spaulding boat ramp area was 4-6 inches. Caught several nice crappie shallow on black/chartreuse jigs.

4. Member
    Went to Twain yesterday. It sucked for me but I seen others on FB caught nice limits. That lake was rough as hell! Mostly due to the wind but it definitely tested the new 210! I would say 6 inch water clarity would be pushing it.

5. Member
    Are all the ramps open on Mark Twain?
    Polar Kraft TX195/Suzuki 200/52" Ultrex MDI

6. Member
    All ramps are open and the bass are easy to catch. I weighed a limit on the 16th and the 23rd in club tournaments. They were shallow and just starting to spawn. Caught all my fish flipping. A guy weighed in 21-7 in the May 23rd tournament, we had 14-15 and got 3rd.

7. Member
    Any new news for the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickPro201 View Post
    Any new news for the lake?
    Water Levels on my site.

9. Banned
    Fished a 52 boat tournament there yesterday (joe Bass). Caught one at 7:30 am on a tube and thought I was on to something. Nothing the rest of the day!!!
    I believe 16 lbs ended up winning it. Friend of mine had 11 lbs and finished 9th.
    Water clarity was a mere 4 inches...…..I don't know why I subject myself to that But I'll be up there again next weekend!

10. Member
    I was on Twain Tuesday, I had a limit by 9:20 that would have been around 13 pounds. Went to an area I have been doing well in and never had a bite. Went to some water I have not been fishing and finally hooked about a 3 pounder but she pulled off. Went down the bank and seen a tail actually coming out of the water a little, flipped a bait by it and felt the tick. I set the hook and it was a 12 incher, not the tail I was seeing. Went down the bank a ways then turned around and the tail was back, but she would'nt bite. Fished for quite a while and finally caught another keeper about 1:30. Had some other bites that just didn't eat the bait, spawners I assumed. This full moon coming should get the spawning out of the way.

11. Member
    Went up Thursday, We caught 3 decent keepers, all on worms. No Jig Bite. Fished Friday, had 4 nice keepers- about 13lbs and lots of shorts. But we were catching. Saturday Club Tournament-Fished 8 hours, HOT HOT HOT, Had 5 keepers. Stringer of 15 pounds and change. 1st place. And Big Bass to boot a 6.25lbs. Almost all bass caught on bank to 3 feet of water, in the grass or brush. Water muddy, but about a foot of visibility. Catfish are biting also