Jackplate spacers/sho

I added 2" spacers to a 10" atlas to give me 12" of setback on my 721/sho combo. It's all fine but it seems I don't have enough trim before I get into tilt. I can trim it all the way up and I get no rooster tail whatsoever.
    I did have my prop worked with a little tip cup to help with bow lift while loaded when running 10" of setback so maybe I've just got too much grip now with the added setback
    I can't imagine adding straight 2" spacers would change the engine angle but, have any of you guys ran 2" spacers and noticed any difference in trim angle?

2. Member
    Watching this one.

3. Member
    Shouldn't be more angle but you should be able to run your motor higher. I wouldnt really count on a rooster tail to see if your running right, just speed and rpms. Jack your motor up a little and watch your water pressure as you go

4. Member
    What I've read on BBC about this. The SHO has 2" of setback built into it as compared to others. If thats the case your 14" back compared to other engines. Someone else will have to confirm this. It's what I've read multiple times.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

5. Member
    I could see no way there'd be more angle. I normally would care about a rooster tail but even running full trim and light throttle it still won't hardly throw one where as before it'd throw one to the moon with that setup.
    I haven't been able to do much wot running since I installed it to fully play with it. Too much rain putting debris in the water.

I'll try bringing it up more next time I get to air it out but im already running it pretty high.

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    What I've read on BBC about this. The SHO has 2" of setback built into it as compared to others. If thats the case your 14" back compared to other engines. Someone else will have to confirm this. It's what I've read multiple times.
    I have always heard the same, I know from the tongue to the cauling that are 3" longer than Merc 2s but heard the same about the 2" at the prop
    we should confirm, I will level my sho and get a measurement from transom to end of prop shaft with 10" atlas if someone could do the same with a Merc and atlas
    doesnt mater which boat
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

7. Member
    Fished a tourney yesterday and the debris was clear enough to run hard. I did swap to my bravo for the better holeshot with full wells but I do believe higher is what I need.
    I'd been running the sho prop at 2.25 p2p so I started there with it and ended up going to to 1.5" below and still had 16-17psi water pressure according to the nmea sensor.
    Almost certain I could have bumped it another 1/4". The sho prop ran 1/2" lower than the bravo so I'll give it a shot at 1.75-2".
    Anyone think that's getting a little close to surfacing or it the extra setback keeping it in the water?