Kind of thinking of getting some new irons

Been looking at taylormade m2's. Can get a used set for about 320 or a new 2019 model for about 5. Or maybe some more fishing rods lol.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

2. Banned
    I had bought the M4’s last year. Went to Florida with them, sold them when I got home and bought some Mizuno hot metal pro. The m4’s were to big and bulky, I like the mizuno, but my next set I will be going back to titleist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tysdad View Post
    I had bought the M4’s last year. Went to Florida with them, sold them when I got home and bought some Mizuno hot metal pro. The m4’s were to big and bulky, I like the mizuno, but my next set I will be going back to titleist.
    I have a older set of mizuno's that I like, probably should just get new grips and play them.

4. Member
    I got some M2s I bougth here on BBC a couple of years ago. very good shape. I found a set of Ping Eye 2 BeCu in mint condition and decided to play them. Ill sell ya the M2s for 250.00 if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    I got some M2s I bougth here on BBC a couple of years ago. very good shape. I found a set of Ping Eye 2 BeCu in mint condition and decided to play them. Ill sell ya the M2s for 250.00 if you are interested.
    What is shaft flex, and what is set made up of?

6. Member
    XP95 shaft S flex, 4-GW

7. Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar
    Joe, I got fitted last year. The place that fitted me could care less about the club head. It was all about the shaft. Price was same as if I sent into Dicks or any other place that sold clubs. With the new shaft, I am on average 15 yards longer per club and hitting it straighter with a slight draw. I paid under $500 for 5-PW. That included the upgraded shafts and grips. Mizuno irons with Project X stiff shafts.
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829

Quote Originally Posted by sc419795 View Post
    Joe, I got fitted last year. The place that fitted me could care less about the club head. It was all about the shaft. Price was same as if I sent into Dicks or any other place that sold clubs. With the new shaft, I am on average 15 yards longer per club and hitting it straighter with a slight draw. I paid under $500 for 5-PW. That included the upgraded shafts and grips. Mizuno irons with Project X stiff shafts.
    I was thinking about it, but the pandemic has me not wanting to be around people. I've been looking at a set of m4's that mikes used clubs has. Keep thinking I really should just get my old mizuno's gripped, as I really did like those irons.

9. Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    I was thinking about it, but the pandemic has me not wanting to be around people. I've been looking at a set of m4's that mikes used clubs has. Keep thinking I really should just get my old mizuno's gripped, as I really did like those irons.
    Grips are an easy fix. DIY. If you like the irons, and hit them well, for $50 you can regrip vs several hundred for new irons. I do my own grips all the time. Easy/peasy.
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829

10. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I'm thinking about ordering new set myself. Due to elbow tendinitis, I'm going to have to switch to graphite shafts in my irons as much as I don't want too.

Quote Originally Posted by sc419795 View Post
    Grips are an easy fix. DIY. If you like the irons, and hit them well, for $50 you can regrip vs several hundred for new irons. I do my own grips all the time. Easy/peasy.
    One of the golf courses I go to does them fairly cheap, not worth my time cussing to do them myself. Buddy would do them for me for free, but I don't like to impose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    I'm thinking about ordering new set myself. Due to elbow tendinitis, I'm going to have to switch to graphite shafts in my irons as much as I don't want too.
    I have had that problem. If you haven't gotten one, get you a flexbar from amazon. Best thing I ever purchased for elbow and hand pain caused by tennis and golf elbow. The tennis elbow is from fishing, and before getting the flexbar I couldn't open a water bottle after a day of fishing. Now I get a little sore now and then, but not what I would call pain in comparison.

I did therapy as well, which helped, but the flexbar has made me mostly pain free.

I switched 2 years ago to graphite due to ligament damage in my right elbow. Best move I ever made.
    I'm hitting the ball straighter and farther than with metal. The shafts currently playing are Recoil F5 xstiff in 8-lw and Steelfibers CW i-95 stiff in 5-7
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

14. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I finally ordered a new set of Callaway Apex Pros and MD5 raw wedges with Steelfiber FC115 xstiff shafts. I have gradually stepped down in weight in steel shafts over the last 2 years trying to prepare myself for the lighter weight shafts.

Cubs, I will check out the flexbar for sure. I have been doing therapy as well.

I finally ordered a new set of Callaway Apex Pros and MD5 raw wedges with Steelfiber FC115 xstiff shafts. I have gradually stepped down in weight in steel shafts over the last 2 years trying to prepare myself for the lighter weight shafts.

Cubs, I will check out the flexbar for sure. I have been doing therapy as well.
    They tested grip strength at therapy, when I started I was roughly 50lbs different between hands due to the pain. When therapy was over I was close to the same, but still had a lot of pain after fishing. I got the green flexbar, used it for a month every day and really didn't have much pain after that time. I still use it about once a week or when I'm starting to feel sore, have had it for about 5 years now.