1990 Javelin 378 FS Cover

Where is a good source to get a cover for the boat in the title? I have a port side trolling motor. Just wondering what everyone is using to cover their boats.

2. Member
    I have a 1989 stratos 289FS(19.5 ft), and I got my cover from Empire boat covers. It's been a couple of years since I got it, and I think it was $180.00. It's the 5 year warranty model. It fits very well.
    Last edited by 89-289FS; 05-20-2020 at 09:49 PM. Reason: change some text

3. Member
    Do you trailer it with the cover on? Any issues around the trolling motor with tearing?

Westland Boat covers has the pattern to fit your boat with a couple different materials. I have one for my 1992 Javelin 389 that fits perfect and have towed with it many miles.

I'll second for Empire covers. Bought one for my 98 295PE, got the 1200D one. Fits great and built like a tank, it is a little heavier though, not bad and I would buy another one.

6. Member
    With the empire covers, any issues with the trolling motor fitment and integrity of the cover?

Quote Originally Posted by SHOracer86 View Post
    With the empire covers, any issues with the trolling motor fitment and integrity of the cover?
    No fitment problems around the TM on mine. Cover has held up great as far as I'm concerned, only had mine a year so far but in the weather everyday and looks new.

8. Member
    My cover fit well with the motorguide that was on my boat. I made A 1 1/2" PVC frame that fits over my front and rear seat posts.
    It has a center support that goes to the floor. I now use elbows on each end for a smooth surface for the cover to press against.
    None of the PVC parts are glued. Just a press fit. This allows me to tighten the cover for little of no flapping of the cover when I am towing the boat usually at 65 mph. Comes apart and stows in the back of my truck, with the cover. Cost was $20.00 or under
    ( built it 6 years ago).

s1.jpg

Hope this helps.

Steve