Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Facebook marketplace

Sold my utility trailer in about 15 minutes on FB marketplace a couple days ago. Selling my house so I'm in purge mode. Put my dumbbell rack on FB and it literally blew up. 15 responses in three minutes.

I get a lot of people are home now so that I'm sure had something to do with it, but it sure beats Craigslist. Plus I can check the profile of the responders before I tell them to come get it.

Got some mad money now.

2. Member
    Ive sold a lot of stuff on there.. works great

3. Member
    Thinking about joining also

4. Member
    Didn't get but one sniff on the truck I listed.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

5. Member
    I sold quite a bit on there, before I cut ties with Bookface. It's an excellent venue to buy and sell.... but the intrusiveness and privacy issues on Bookface are disconcerting to me so it's the BBC buy and sell forum for me.
    Cheese County Bass Club

Unfortunately it's also a cesspool. Exercise equipment has been a premium lately with so many things shut down and you're actually selling things that sell really well out there. I have tried to buy quite a bit of stuff out there but had sellers disappear, agree to sell then sell to someone else, block me, had multiple people setup to buy the same thing etc. and see who got there first, another guy threatening and cussing at me because he would not sell his batch of extension cords unless I bought the crappy tools he was selling also and the ad was for extension cords... Selling is easier than buying there for sure, depends a bit on your tolerance for people
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

Quote Originally Posted by breeves2245 View Post
    Sold my utility trailer in about 15 minutes on FB marketplace a couple days ago. Selling my house so I'm in purge mode. Put my dumbbell rack on FB and it literally blew up. 15 responses in three minutes.

I get a lot of people are home now so that I'm sure had something to do with it, but it sure beats Craigslist. Plus I can check the profile of the responders before I tell them to come get it.

Got some mad money now.
    If you plan on selling a pontoon boat let me know lol. I’ve been spending a lot of time on FB marketplace

Craiglist is almost useless now, seems like it is mostly adds for different crap now. I've had good luck selling on Facebook, never had a problem, but mostly selling smaller things maybe a couple hundred dollars at most. I've only bought one thing on it though as it seems like many people think their 5 year old whatever that has obviously been well used and not taken care of is worth $5 less than what they bought it for new.
    I'm currently looking to buy a swing set on there for my daughter and some people are trying to get $800-1000 for a rotten POS. I know those things are high dollar new, but whenever you've had it for 10 years and the wood is clearly rotten, it's not worth that much.

9. Member
    Put a motorcycle for sale last week on FB and was asking top dollar. Sold it in 3 hours for full asking price.

10. Member
    We sold a bunch of stuff on Marketplace when we moved a couple years ago. You get more there than yard selling it.

I normally use kijiji but a couple years back I was selling a truck cap and after a month not a single reply. I'd never used Marketplace so figured I'd try and sold the cap literally in 1 hour.

I've said it multiple times to my friends.

Facebook Marketplace killed craigslist in broad daylight.

There will be a Forensics Files special on Investigation Discovery. I'm sure my wife will watch it......

2019 Triton 189 TRX
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6" Rapid Jack Magnum Manual Plate

13. Member
    It scares me when stuff literally blows up. I'd stop using it.

I sell a lot of stuff on Facebook Marketplace. Sold my F450 easily via FB Marketplace, great place to sell vehicles.

Seems like the crack heads figured out how to use it. I've been seeing crazy stuff for sale for like $3. Used wooden spoon, cracked mirror, used paintbrushes for more than new...

16. Member
    Literally, figuratively...same thing right?

Facebook works pretty well, but some of the crap people sell is hysterical at times. Prices on beat up stuff can be comical also

18. Member
    Can you still sell guns on FB

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Facebook works pretty well, but some of the crap people sell is hysterical at times. Prices on beat up stuff can be comical also
    You can say the same think about BBC Clasifieds!

20. Member
    Just bought a car for a steal on marketplace yesterday. By the time I got there he had 26 offers. It was way underpriced..a god friend of mine makes a handsome living just buying/selling cars/trucks lawn equipment and ATVS ..on there..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast