93sv interference with trolling motor

I have the transducer mounted to my Ultrex. Whenever the trolling motor is running I get light blue "broken" line (think morse code) running vertically from bottom to top of display. Is there an easy way to identify the source of the interference? Just wanted to see what others may have found if they had similar issues. Thanks.

2. Member
    Did you install the ferrite bead on the transducer cable near the connection?

I am having the same issue with a Terrova and 73sv. I bought the boat kit which comes with the transducer, power cable, & cradle, so I can use the same head unit on different Boats. Except they don’t give you another ferrite bead with the transducer. I went to Garmin website, & they don’t list just the ferrite bead for purchase. You can find bulk packs of ferrite breads on amazon, but not sure how they will work. Anyone know where I can purchase just the ferrite bead?
    Last edited by Buckman; 06-30-2020 at 11:28 PM.

4. Member
    I have a 93 also and had inference problems. I cut up a computer mouse pad and put a piece between my transducer and trolling motor and no more problems. I understand this works for some and some it does not. Easy try! Good luck!

5. Member
    I’ve got the bead on the ducer cable as well. I do have the ducer mounter straight to the TM. I’ll give the mouse pad idea a try. It has to be related to it being mounted straight to it. If the TM isn’t running it seems to work just fine

6. Member
    I fixed mine, already had the ferrite choke on it which helped. While I was moving my trolling motor batteries to the front I had it all apart re-wiring. I Used Gorilla Tape and tin foil. I put a layer of tape, then foil, then tape, then foil, until I had 5 layers of foil sandwiched between the tape, having the tape on the transducer and the motor for cushion. Trimmed with a razor blade and re-installed and has been good for me ever since. I also made sure the transducer cable and any power cables were as far apart as they could be, and wrapped the transducer cable under the floor in tin foil. Might be over kill but it works in my boat

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    I fixed mine, already had the ferrite choke on it which helped. While I was moving my trolling motor batteries to the front I had it all apart re-wiring. I Used Gorilla Tape and tin foil. I put a layer of tape, then foil, then tape, then foil, until I had 5 layers of foil sandwiched between the tape, having the tape on the transducer and the motor for cushion. Trimmed with a razor blade and re-installed and has been good for me ever since. I also made sure the transducer cable and any power cables were as far apart as they could be, and wrapped the transducer cable under the floor in tin foil. Might be over kill but it works in my boat

I don't know enough about electronics to say for sure, but I didn't think something like tinfoil had the properties to be able to eliminate/deflect interference. But than again.... I remember more that a few people growing up that had tinfoil wrapped around the rabbit ears of their TV and it seemed to work. LOL

I bought a pack of ferrite beads from Amazon. I'm going to experiment putting on additional ones and see if it changes anything.