ZX 190 Storage: What do you do?

I just purchased a 2018 ZX190 and am getting it lake ready. Moving stuff into the boat, I realized that there is not a small compartment or attachment for items such as cell phone and pliers. Did not notice that before purchase. So, what do you do with the small items (phone/pliers/clippers/hand towel/extra lures/etc) that you typically want close-to-hand? I do not want to open compartments for these.

On a side note, the boat was used very little and appears new except for a few very minor scratches. If it runs well, I believe that I got a great deal!

2. Member
    https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/...RoCcIIQAvD_BwE

Would something like this tool holder help?

3. Member
    i had a TZX-190 which is the same layout as what you have. The lack of storage is the one major issue that drove me nuts with that boat. I built a compartment out of trex and carpeted it and added a tool holder. It worked great!

Last edited by chwebmaker; 05-20-2020 at 09:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

4. Member
    The compartment that you built looks great. Unfortunately, I'm not that good at building things. I'll find some type of tool holder that should work once I get a feel for how the boat will fish.

Boat does have different storage than I am used to (downsized from 22' bay boat). I'm not a tackle hog, so my rods/tackle fit with room to spare in the front compartments. The back compartments are quite small. The spare life vests and throw preserver completely fill one.

Now if it will just stop raining so I can get on the lake....