Vermilion over Memorial Day

Heading up this weekend. Just looking for info on what might be going on. Assuming fish are staged up and prespawn.

Staying on the East side fishing smallies. Assuming jerkbaits, traps and tubes will be my starting presentations.

Thanks for any info you are willing to share.

-Shack

2. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Good luck. Been slow on Rainy, water is still cold. 49 to 52.

Yeah. I know the cold from early last week slowed things down. Hoping warm weather this week turns the bite on.

4. Member
    They were snapping a week ago. Spent the week on Kab/Namakan and caught 79 on Thursday another 40 on Friday and Saturday was 25.
    90% were all caught on a jerkbait with a Ned Rig cleaning up the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie69 View Post
    They were snapping a week ago. Spent the week on Kab/Namakan and caught 79 on Thursday another 40 on Friday and Saturday was 25.
    90% were all caught on a jerkbait with a Ned Rig cleaning up the school.
    Thanks. Hopefully the bite is similar this weekend.

6. Member
    Going up this saturday for the week will be my first time ever on the lake. Staying on the southwest side of the lake at pherson, will the smallies still be prespawn given the warm up? Would love the jerkbait bite to still be on. In general can you go down the bank or are you isolating flats or small rock piles. Sorry normally we would be in canada this week and literally blitzing the bank with crankbaits video game fishing. Just trying to get a handle on vermillion as best I can for not only the smallies but also the largemouth.
    thanks, also heard dnr is out in full force on this lake, is there anything out of the norm we need to be aware of? like an expired fired extinguisher on your rig.

Last week definitely prespawn with a few beds showing up, should be all three stages going on when you are there with a LOT of bed action.

cloudy days I was catching them on pink and clown xraps. Sunny days were more natural colors.

8. Member
    sweet thanks

9. Member
    Ok so we are here on the southwest side of the lake. Had a good first night but the last two days have been a struggle we can’t seem to find any size on the bass. Water temps are low 60’s and the water is gin clear. So we would normally be in Canada this time of year and this lake sets up differently than what we are used to. So far top water and jerkbaits have been the deal. What’s the secret to the bigger females on this lake? Does the East side fish better than the west? Zero crankbait bite so far, it seems the gin clear water has the fish really spooky. We have a group of guys who only fish once a year and they are really struggling. Anything we should look for to get into more bigger bass? Thanks all.

10. Member
    Small paddle tail swimbaits on a 1/8oz head in a natural/white or blue/chartreuse color. Ball head or an actual finesse swim bait head. I like a 3.3 keitech as my plastic, very good swim at slow speeds. Long cast with braid to fluorocarbon leader on a M/ML spinning rod. Long cast and reel just fast enough to keep it swimming right along the bottom
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

I will PM you.