Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    WOW! I wonder where all the fish went? Is any fishable water left?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyB View Post
    WOW! I wonder where all the fish went? Is any fishable water left?
    The force of the water rushing over the dam looked like it would wash the fish and anything even larger that was not nailed down, downstream in the blink of an eye.

Sanford will be full of fish... Depending on how many dies through that abuse or end up in peoples yards.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Wow, crazy

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

5. Member
    There are hundreds of dead largemouth and crappies.. my boy and I picked up a hundred Wednesday. Im absolutely sick. Ill probably end up moving. I couldn't get to the river channel to get them in the water so the crappies ended up in the scaler, all the bass just flopped in the mud till they died.

6. Member
    Wow....
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

Quote Originally Posted by Brady bass View Post
    There are hundreds of dead largemouth and crappies.. my boy and I picked up a hundred Wednesday. Im absolutely sick. Ill probably end up moving. I couldn't get to the river channel to get them in the water so the crappies ended up in the scaler, all the bass just flopped in the mud till they died.
    i am without words...been here 40 years

I have literally a few hundred pictures that i have taken over the last few days. When i get some time i plan on posting some of them. Although they dont do the area justice, especially if you know the area. Everything i know about fishing and boating has been learned on these waters.

Quote Originally Posted by LennyB View Post
    Lot's of finger pointing going on here right now. It's all the other guys fault. Feds would not authorize the owners plan to rebuild because they said his plan sucked. The owners say they dropped the water because they wanted to releave some pressure on the dam. The land owners complained the water was to low and they couldn't enjoy their water fronts so the State filed a law suite against the owner claiming they needed to raise the water and sued for damage to the fresh water mussels that were harmed due to the owner lowering the lake level. The owner says it's the Governments fault for forcing them to keep the water high because of out cry from the public wanting their lake full.
    that is only partially true.
    The landowners were in the process of buying the dam and had already done repairs to it over the winter, while thw water was down. We were NEVER told that the low water was to alleviate pressure on the dam. We were told it was to prevent ice damage to personal property and the seawalls. Then we were told the water would be raised once the surface temps hit 39 degrees. That didnt happen either. We were then told more permits were needed to raise the lake...as ive said before, someone could write a book on this subject. Also, this dam has been suspect for 20 years, its not just recently. Even the prior owners knew, probably why they sold. About the time consumers energy announced they would no longer buy power fro.m boyce hydro was when all the maintenance stopped. People seem to conveniently forget that Boyce spent almost an entire year building a "music park " that held all of one concert. Had excavators and heavy equipment in there for months moving dirt and blocking off public access to the lake that had been there from the beginning. (100 years). Could Boyce Hydro have used this money for repairs? Sure would think so.. To think Boyce hydro doesnt hold some responsibility is completely ridiculous. Did he want the dam to fail? Of course not. Did he do anything to help, not if you pull up his past and recent violations. Not trying to single you out LennyB and i dont know where you are, but just trying to shed some "local knowledge " on the subject.

10. Member
    Unreal just viewing the photos and videos. Seeing it in person would bring tears to my eyes, no doubt. Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected.
    There are so many dams in Michigan (I live in A2, which has the 4 dams on the Huron), I hope this is a wakeup call to inspect every single one and do what is needed to make sure they are 100% structurally sound, right now.

Not gonna lie...we cried. We cried for the people downstream because we felt extremely sad because we knew what was coming thier way. We were sad because our house was saved, and others were lost. We we sad because of the dead wildlife. We were sad because our area will never be the same. We were sad because we were just starting to see the light at the end of the covid tunnel, and summer was fast approaching. My family was extremely lucky, and we feel blessed, but this isnt getting better anytime soon

This video is good for understanding the layout if not familiar with the chain.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    i am without words...been here 40 years
    Same here Jason... thousands of hours on these lakes.

when it comes back, it will be like a new lake. Lots of scanning to do again.

15. Member
    In the end, it will be determined there continues to be a very cozy relationship between the FERC commissioners and the power companies they are supposed to regulate and there is not one damn thing we can do about it. It will also be determined that the landowners while pursuing their own self-interest got played like a fiddle.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big dreams View Post
    when it comes back, it will be like a new lake. Lots of scanning to do again.
    It won't happen in my lifetime! It'll take forever for that lake to come back

Quote Originally Posted by Brady bass View Post
    It won't happen in my lifetime! It'll take forever for that lake to come back
    I partially agree. Even if rebuilt, it would take many years to get back to any kind of resemblance of the old lake.

https://www.wnem.com/news/task-force...798fafd29.html

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrs View Post
    I partially agree. Even if rebuilt, it would take many years to get back to any kind of resemblance of the old lake.

https://www.wnem.com/news/task-force...798fafd29.html
    I wish you guys who live on the water the best. Hopefully they are diligent and quick to get it back asap. My parents are in the same boat.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Attorney General Dana Nessel blasts Boyce Hydro, sets the record straight! I hear so much mis information everyday, i thought the first 5 minutes was very interesting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast