does hull color make a difference on clear water lakes

curious on view point if hull color may make a difference in spooking fish on clear lake

2. Member
    I wouldn’t think so but ya never know.

3. Member
    I was watching smallmouth looking at my bait below the boat in 37 feet of water the other day. I have also had them swim with the boat just for the shade of the boat. My boot is black

Get a bait ball graphic installed and see if it helps.

5. Member
    I doubt it but went with a med-gray hull my last purchase. What influenced me was that I believed I caught more fish near my tin boat with grey bottom then I did my Ranger with white bottom. My overall fishing result is not better or worse on average. One day when the boat was relatively new I recall watching bass bust shad in 2ft of water right under my boat; like I did not exist or they did not care. at least to me suggested grey not bad. I've had my first and now my second double digit bass in the grey hull. Don't know that the grey color helped but did not hurt
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

6. Member
    Nope, had both black and white hulls , fished many of clear water western lakes and it did not matter.

7. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    used to paint 'baitfish' on the bottom of a 37' sport fisher; wonder it it would help in freshwater?

8. Member
    Let’s be honest white hulls catch more fish, and I heard they were faster.

Actually I’ve had both, no difference. I do prefer white because scratches and road chips are highlighted with black hulls.

9. Member
    I've had both, never felt like either mattered and here in Michigan we are predominantly fishing clear water.

10. Member
    I fished around a guy once that had a bass painted on the motor part of his trolling motor. Said it would draw more bass to his boat. He usually did pretty well but I don't think it was because of his fish motor

11. Member
    White boots are just tougher to clean... I have not gotten a white hull since 2001.

12. Member
    I have had both and will stick with black. I have had fish try to hide under my boat in clear water. I do believe it does not spook the fish as much as white especially in that shallower water.

13. Member
    Had a buddy with a silver hull, claimed it attracted fish, though it maybe looked like a school of shad....
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

14. Member
    Zebra stripes maybe so sharks don't attack?

15. Member
    i like that white hides scratches but I did not have luck catching fish right under the hull like i did in a tin boat or the silver bottom on my phoenix. Of course casting out 50ft it had no impact
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

The feel you and hear you just as well as they see you.

17. Member
    Paint it like the sky.
    Please release me,let me go.

18. Member
    If I fish once a week or a handful of times, I wash my boat top to bottom before it goes back in the garage and my six year old white hull looks brand new.

As for fishing directly below your boat and spooking fish with a white hull, I believe that’s all psychological. I have zero issues drop shotting with my white hull. You will spook them based on how noisy your troller is and how heavy footed you are for sure.

19. Member
    I think noises from the boat would spook them first trolling motor, sonar pings, walking around, etc. Then if you think about it no matter what color your boat is it still casts a shadow. Since Phoenix isn’t making a clear Hull I don’t think it matters what color you get.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite