Truth in time of crisis

This message was in an email I receive this past Sunday. I don't believe I had ever heard any of Dr. Zacharias messages before then but it is worth a listen. His wiki page was updated with his passing from cancer just today. RIP.

"If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

2. Member
    Thank you Scott for posting such a great message in this video of Ravi Zacharias, whom I have heard preach several time on 1 of our local Christian stations in the past few years from 11-noon.
    I truly enjoyed his diverse teachings and his salt of the earth personality even though he preached with some great pastor of our time, many having been called home onto Our Lord, just like Christ welcomed Dr Ravi Zacharias today in saying to him " well done my good and faithful servant".
    May he forever be in the light of the presence of Christ. Amen

3. Member
    I'm sorry to hear that. I used to catch Dr. Zacharias on an old Calvary Chapel station when I live in Fredericksburg. My wife and I listened to that station every day, all day. Some great teachers there.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. I used to catch Dr. Zacharias on an old Calvary Chapel station when I live in Fredericksburg. My wife and I listened to that station every day, all day. Some great teachers there.
    Wayne,
    That is exactly where I heard him preach, Calvary Chapel station 99.7, and the first time I heard him years back, was with Chuck Smith. Sadly, they have both gone home onto the Lord to claim their crowns and rooms.
    BTW Wayne, how is your sister doing? and how y'all doing and getting thru this crisis thus far?
    Be safe and be blessed

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Wayne,
    That is exactly where I heard him preach, Calvary Chapel station 99.7, and the first time I heard him years back, was with Chuck Smith. Sadly, they have both gone home onto the Lord to claim their crowns and rooms.
    BTW Wayne, how is your sister doing? and how y'all doing and getting thru this crisis thus far?
    Be safe and be blessed
    My sister? Oh...I forgot I had asked for prayers for her here. She's doing as well as can be expected. She's been diagnosed with early onset dementia, but seems to be doing fine at this time.

We're all riding through the "crisis" fine. Misty and I have worked just about every day. The only real difference we've noticed is not as much traffic on the roads, but that's picking up again the last few days.

6. Member
    Ravi, was a great listen. Good man, good message, good apologetic .

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    My sister? Oh...I forgot I had asked for prayers for her here. She's doing as well as can be expected. She's been diagnosed with early onset dementia, but seems to be doing fine at this time.

We're all riding through the "crisis" fine. Misty and I have worked just about every day. The only real difference we've noticed is not as much traffic on the roads, but that's picking up again the last few days.
    Glad to hear that she is at least stable, which is a blessing in that situation. We are starting phase 1 in NY, and working on a physical distancing criteria for my company so we can start up again soon.
    Be safe and be blessed