VS Trolling Motor

Intro and questions
    Spell check lol
    Hello everyone. I just signed up here and I've been doing a lot of reading about Trolling motors and hummingbird fish finders. I currently own a 2004 Tahoe Q4 ski fish Purchased 2004.Still has the original motor guide TM and Hummingbird unit. I'm finally ready to upgrade and was wanting to know If a Ulterra or Ultrex will fit. I checked the Trollingmotor.net site and they only recommend a Terrova. I'm not interested in the Terrova.
    I'm 64 and my back Would prefer the auto deploy.Any real world experience And advice would be appreciated.I have attached an article with photos of My type of boat. I live in Indiana and keep my boat at Dale Hollow reservoir.So it's not easy for me to measure currently

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owne...ng-motor-plate

2. Member
    I'm not familiar with your style boat but just a couple observations... if that site recommends the Terrova, assuming that means it fits, then the Ulterra would fit as well since they have the same mounting. Also, of the 3 listed, the Ulterra is the only one with auto stow and deploy.

I don't have any experience with a Terrova or Ulterra so I can't speak for those but I have an Ultrex on our Ranger 212LS and love it.

3. Member
    Thanks!