Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ranger parts/warranty

I've been trying to get in touch with someone in the warranty department for the past week. Today, I finally spoke with someone and was informed that I can no longer call Ranger directly for warranty issues. They also said that I can't call to order parts either. Everything is now supposed to go through the dealer. Anyone else hear this?
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

2. Member
    I called the parts 3 times. 22 min, 45 min, and 15 min on hold without ever getting through! They did return my email though and said go through the dealer. I pulled the part and searched using the specific ID and found them through another company. Mine was fairly inexpensive part and didn't feel like waiting. Good luck, frustrating times

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    We’ve had forum members getting parts direct from Ranger within the last few days. I’ll post if that situation has changed. Warranty? Increasingly, over the past several years, those questions have been directed to/through dealers. COVID may have altered that direction, but it was already headed that way.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    I sure hope this isn't true.

Main reason I came back to Ranger 2yrs ago (with this '09 Z520) was b/c I knew I would be able to get parts for it through Ranger probably for the next 20yrs.

With the way some of our local Ranger dealers are, I'm not so sure I'd trust some of them to order lug nuts if I needed them.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    I sure hope this isn't true.

Main reason I came back to Ranger 2yrs ago (with this '09 Z520) was b/c I knew I would be able to get parts for it through Ranger probably for the next 20yrs.

With the way some of our local Ranger dealers are, I'm not so sure I'd trust some of them to order lug nuts if I needed them.
    Exactly how I feel. That would be a huge loss if true.

6. Member
    I ordered an axle on Friday. Little bit of wait on phone but not too bad.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2Power View Post
    I ordered an axle on Friday. Little bit of wait on phone but not too bad.
    That sounds promising
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

8. Member
    Also had to call them today. After a 10 minute wait I talked to their rep and ordered exactly what I needed.

9. Member
    They’ve let go the two main, long time employees that organized and handled just about all of the actual warranty claims now it’s up to whoever is in the office that gets lucky enough to take the phone call it seems. Parts “sales” seems to be functioning pretty well though.

10. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Guys, that is super encouraging [parts sales direct to boat owners]. It probably goes without saying, but at this time in America it’s impossible to take any business process for granted. No matter what a company tries to do, plenty of factors right now are out of their control. At the end of the day, it’s a blessing that we have the opportunity to do business as we are accustomed and prefer to do.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

I ordered a new windshield about 2 weeks ago and received it direct from Ranger Parts a few days ago. It didn’t have the plastic trim pieces on the front, which I’m not happy about, but I did go through Ranger Parts. I hope we dont need to go through the dealer from now on. My dealer is 2 hours away and I’m not dragging the boat there for every little issue.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

I can understand the Warranty issue going thru the dealer. Most things need to be seen by someone more than trying to explain it over the phone. BUT, I've always been able to call the Parts dept and get what I needed. Hopefully that will stay the same.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

13. Member
    I ordered some dash inserts last Monday, only on hold for about 2 minutes, they arrived today
    Comanche20 (Don)
    2008 Ranger Z 20, 225 RUDE
    Ultrex 45/36/112
    2 Birds
    2020 F150 LIMITED Eco Boost

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commanche20 View Post
    I ordered some dash inserts last Monday, only on hold for about 2 minutes, they arrived today
    I’m wowed you all getting through so quick(and glad). That was not my experience, but I understand the times and they are strapped

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    I ordered a new windshield about 2 weeks ago and received it direct from Ranger Parts a few days ago. It didn’t have the plastic trim pieces on the front, which I’m not happy about, but I did go through Ranger Parts. I hope we dont need to go through the dealer from now on. My dealer is 2 hours away and I’m not dragging the boat there for every little issue.
    theyre different part numbers. You would have needed to specify the windshield and the accent stickers. Ask me how I know.
    Joey Aderhold

Quote Originally Posted by jaderhold View Post
    theyre different part numbers. You would have needed to specify the windshield and the accent stickers. Ask me how I know.
    It would be nice if the woman on the other end could have informed me of that. Inexperience maybe?
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    I can understand the Warranty issue going thru the dealer. Most things need to be seen by someone more than trying to explain it over the phone. BUT, I've always been able to call the Parts dept and get what I needed. Hopefully that will stay the same.
    In my case, I'm calling to get my water pressure gauge and a reverse light on the trailer replaced. Issues like this, I've always called Ranger and got the part sent to me. Then I would take the old part and mail it back to them.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

18. Member
    I recently sold my Basscat and “was” seriously considering a Ranger. I’ve been reading way too many horror stories such as what’s posted here. I know things change in corporate America but, based what I’ve been hearing and reading I will be staying with BCB. As personal and expensive as this sport is this is just not acceptable, not for me anyway! Good luck all!

I ordered a co-angler rod butt plate from them several weeks ago and am still waiting on it. It's a ranger manufactured part so I was well aware it was going to take a hot minute. I just hope they don't cancel my order...
    united in the pursuit of bass.

20. Member
    I literally called Ranger yesterday and ordered parts. It took a while to get someone on the line (I was on hold for some time) but once they did, it was as easy and pain-free as it’s always been from Ranger.

They no longer carry my wheel covers but the boat is 11 years old so understandable.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast