Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I placed two orders with them in the last two weeks, one was last Friday and I asked for 2 day shipping (at increased shipping cost). Received my earlier order today and it was complete but the parts I needed asap were all messed up. Wrong parts, missing parts, Back ordered parts, not getting info on other parts needed from sales team. I am calling in the morning to make sure my 2 day air delivery cost is recouped. Not very impressed and to think I only had to wait 40 minutes on hold to get all this disappointment.

2. Member
    Some of the part I asked for 2 day shipping on were Axle bearings thinking that buying direct from them I would get a superior part. But to my dismay there was no brand stamped on them just one word -CHINA-. A big letdown for sure. I could have gotten a name brand locally for less.

This will suck big time. Some people don't have a "Local" dealer and have to drive hours to the nearest dealership. With that being said, mine is an hour away which is not far but when you are going to be restoring a boat, that could equal a lot of driving and a lot of time waiting. Seems like dealerships take their time ordering product. A topical 3-4 day wait could be weeks now.
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Reading comprehension is difficult. We see several posts now reporting no change in the parts-ordering procedure, and yet posts are still popping up that say “this change” will be terrible?
    Hence the saying, “can’t win for losing.”
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    my dealer in Ohio is closed ,I called ranger ,got my warranty parts in 8 days. for me it was fine ,everyone was great

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Reading comprehension is difficult. We see several posts now reporting no change in the parts-ordering procedure, and yet posts are still popping up that say “this change” will be terrible?
    I was thinking that too....

7. Member
    If Ranger would just get with the 21st Century and actually develop a parts web site like BassCat has we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

8. Member
    I called the parts dept. at Ranger today and the gentleman I spoke with said he'd seen my posts here last night (posts 21 and 22) complaining about my order being a mess. He offered to refund my expedited shipping and overnight the parts that weren't correct. They definitely will make it right but they have to come up with an online parts catalog..

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    [This is going to sound like a soapbox speech. I apologize if that bugs anyone.] It’s entirely possible that recent and near-future changes at Ranger are precisely aimed at getting with the 21st century, which isn’t as easy to do in a lightly populated, rural location as it might sound. I hope that we can maintain our patience and faith until those changes have had a chance to prove themselves, bearing in mind that the continuation of Ranger as a strong, viable provider of quality fishing boats is the ultimate priority of everyone who has a Ranger boat, wants to buy one, or cares about them. Outdoor sports in America need all the support we can provide, if our kids and grandkids are going to have the opportunities we have had.

Quote Originally Posted by ericm View Post
    If Ranger would just get with the 21st Century and actually develop a parts web site like BassCat has we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    The differences between the two brands, number of models built, number of overall boats sold, changes within individual model years, etc. make it a much larger task and includes many issues that you would probably never think about.

11. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    I just ordered some parts last week and got the Tuesday.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

I've put in 4 parts orders in the last couple months and have had zero problems with any of them. This includes a seat assembly and coin box that was delivered today. The parts department is one of the things I like best about owning a Ranger.

13. Member
    [This is going to sound like a soapbox speech. I apologize if that bugs anyone.] It’s entirely possible that recent and near-future changes at Ranger are precisely aimed at getting with the 21st century, which isn’t as easy to do in a lightly populated, rural location as it might sound. I hope that we can maintain our patience and faith until those changes have had a chance to prove themselves, bearing in mind that the continuation of Ranger as a strong, viable provider of quality fishing boats is the ultimate priority of everyone who has a Ranger boat, wants to buy one, or cares about them. Outdoor sports in America need all the support we can provide, if our kids and grandkids are going to have the opportunities we have had.
    Thanks for saying that! Doesn’t sound like soap box to me, sounds like a well thought out post by a great moderator.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

14. Banned
    Won’t ship to Canada anymore unles you have a customs broker...totally sucks....getting farther from power pole service every day

I'm not going to bash Ranger Parts out of respect for the 35+ years of excellent service Ive always received from them. Never perfect ALWAYS did the right thing when not.
    I will let the companys'future decisions speak for themselves. However, I was told twice the week of May 12th that parts is going to be closed to the public June 1st, and will be a dealer driven process from then on. For me, that happens, and my 2021 will be another brand boat. Im not going to jump to conclusions, will patiently wait to see. Everyone in that Parts Dept is what always set RangerBoats apart from all others. IMHO, Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reelex View Post
    I'm not going to bash Ranger Parts out of respect for the 35+ years of excellent service Ive always received from them. Never perfect ALWAYS did tge right thing when not. I will let the companys'future decisions speak for themselves. However, I was told twice the week of May 12th that parts is going to be closed to the public June 1st, and will be a dealer driven process from then on. For me, that happens, and my 2021 will be another brand boat. Im not going to jump to conclusions, will patiently wait to see. Everyone in that Parts Dept is what always set RangerBoats apart from all otyers. IMHO, Dan
    Yup...

17. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    As a rhetorical question, is every change—let alone every *possible* change—necessarily and completely bad? We don’t [at least, I don’t] know that a parts change will happen in the foreseeable future, but I can see some possibilities where dealer parts delivery actually could be an improvement. A lot of that depends upon the dealer, but that’s the beauty of the internet age: we can deal with whomever, wherever, so long as the terms suit our purposes. Lots of the parts that folks on here order from Ranger every week, my dealer carries in stock, plus he always knows exactly what I need, and I always can get through to him right away, *and* he always ships same day. This is not an argument that dealer delivery is always, unequivocally better. But I’m not throwing out any babies with bath water, yet.
    Last edited by jc2bg; 05-25-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Time will tell, but I don't see how including a dealer in the parts ordering process is going to be a positive change.

19. Member
    Due to Reelex's warning I placed a order this morning and just as Reelex said public sales were coming to a end except today was the last day.

20. Member
    To me, this was a major perk for owning a Ranger. Fast, accurate delivery of virtually any Ranger part at a fair price. I can understand the dealers side on this, but still, it will not be as good on the boat owners as it was, if it indeed it comes to pass. I'm really amazed it lasted as long as it did. Thanks Ranger for all the help you've given me over the years, it was fantastic.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast