Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riggpigg View Post
    Does anybody miss Miss Sherry K yet...............??? She was the best in the Parts Dept. and I for one miss her, terribly. Knew Ranger boats inside and out, could deal with any attitude and did what she said. She is sorely missed.........many had Rangers because they COULD give a hull number and get a part, even for a 15 year old boat. They sold ALL the old parts to Great Lake Skipper and thankfully he offers them for sale......Rangers were restored, by the guys in the service shop or by the customers themselves. I believe those days are behind us for the most part.......its a changed company, gone are the days when you could talk with the guys and gals there and get advice, or parts on a personal basis.Gone are the days when you could simply go the the parts office or shop and get helped. Yes I know the new business models dictate the old loosely run businesses of the "old days" are no longer viable alternative, but it bothers me how this is all playing out. Ranger was a special place for the people around Flippin as well as the many visitors. They've sent a lot of the old timers packing, employees that loved Ranger and took great pride in the brand. They did it in an extremely callous and insulting way, and I feel for the employees.......I am sad for the whole mess, it felt good to hook onto the Ranger and pull by the factory on the way to Bull, it saddens me now, knowing all the employees that have been hurt by this. The times they are a changin.............
    I deal with the Ranger people alot over the last 8 years on the business side because of my job and it has definitely changed (most I knew there are working right down the road). I remember when I was doing my field work there I had an axle go bad on my 07 188VS and told them to replace the TDE with a UFP, Mike in service said no problem bring it tomorrow and we'll have it done in a couple of days. He gave me the price of the axle but when I was done working and drove around back to pick my boat up he said "We made a mistake. The price we gave you was for the axle and not the hubs, calipers, rotors, pads, and installation." I thought oh crap but because of the quote they gave me instead of charging me a little over $1k it was right at $500. Another trip I saw Joey in the hall and asked if they had the recessed TM trim because my boat didn't have one cut out yet it was built in under the deck. I had read several posts where that trim was not available but he said he had it. I asked if I could bring the boat over the next day and have them cut the hole and mount the trim. He asked why I couldn't and my response was I wasn't comfortable cutting a hole in the deck of my boat. Needless to say the next day I took my boat with me and drove it around back, when I was done at the end of the day he had cut out the deck where the recess was and installed the trim plus gave the boat a good wipe down free of charge! I walked in parts one day inquiring about the adapter plate to mount a RAM on my console guy in parts scratched his head and said "I'm not sure we have those anymore". I stood for about 30 minutes while he went to the warehouse and came back saying there was one on a guy's desk and it was the only one he knew of, handed it to me and said "Here you go no charge it was just sitting on a desk".
    Last edited by Cestratton; 05-29-2020 at 11:27 PM.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    After “losing” Evinrude this week, I am more grateful than before that Ranger continues as a company, that its remaining and new employees have jobs, that parts and warranty for our boats are still available, and that the excellent Ranger dealers in my home state have the opportunity to make a living and support their Ranger customers. Although some things we treasured are gone, hopefully there will be good Ranger boats, good Ranger people, and good Ranger dealers for a long time to come.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Guys, you need realize that things have changed the last 10-12 weeks. Ranger is short staffed, vendors shut their doors, and covid has changed everything. Now the vendors are coming back, the ones still in business, Ranger is get re-staffed and everything is getting some what back to normal. Now the parts department is overwhelmed. The parts department will open back up for customers, but it takes time.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbumpilori View Post
    I recently sold my Basscat and “was” seriously considering a Ranger. I’ve been reading way too many horror stories such as what’s posted here. I know things change in corporate America but, based what I’ve been hearing and reading I will be staying with BCB. As personal and expensive as this sport is this is just not acceptable, not for me anyway! Good luck all!
    I've had real good service out of both, however I've not needed Ranger outside of one call the past 3.5 years. I would always shoot the stuff with Rick and crew when I was in AR fishing the owners tournament, or at Sherms annual show. Three Rangers and two Cats here, Cat hands down has been better to me. Not that Ranger is bad, its just not the same personable experience.

5. Member
    lneal@fishingholdings.com

Don't bother calling. Send Leslie Neal an email with your Hull ID number and what parts you want. She will reply with a parts quote pretty quick. Parts will be going from Ranger to local Ranger dealers possibly within the next week. If you need parts, get them now if you want them from factory. She'll be able to give you part numbers, but once they switch parts sales over to dealers, she'll only be able to send you part numbers. For now, we can order parts from Ranger. It won't be long before they hand it over to dealers though.

6. Member
    I just emailed her maybe I can get in a order Monday I was told I couldn’t order direct anymore

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdw2920 View Post
    I just emailed her maybe I can get in a order Monday I was told I couldn’t order direct anymore
    Same here - actually spoke with her yesterday and was on hold for only 15 minutes compared to at least double that in the last weeks. I have a deck extension that was ordered on 2/21 I’ve been trying to get an answer on and she was the most help so far. I also wanted to order a cover before that became unavailable too So I’ll let you guys know what happens.

Also, not trying to stir the pot, but when calling that other (417) CS # the lady I held for and spoke to indicated that I had reached a line for Tracker Boats and she transferred me to Ranger Parts...

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I don’t know everything that is happening in Ranger’s system conversions, but it does seem that there are some transitions within *the* transition to a new ordering system for consumers. Earlier this week, new software went to the dealers. After a conversation with my local dealer and hearing some reports of parts ordering for the past couple of days, my conclusion is that getting the dealers fully operational with that software is more complicated than expected. Bottom line, if you are looking for a parts order or checking on a parts delivery in the next few weeks, keep all of the known avenues in mind. Clearly, Ranger is listening to us and trying to keep the parts moving in the best way possible at a given time.

9. Member
    Something is still happening at Ranger, I placed a carpet order May 26, was told 12 weeks, it showed up today, only problem was the boat is less than 15 years and was unable to get original color.

10. Member
    I had ordered parts and they arrived two weeks later. I understand with supply and the covid. I think ranger is being migrated onto the tracker boats system. I was lucky to get my glitters and gelcoat repair kit. Still need the rule livewell pumps. I had an email for parts department and last night I wrote the person and the email says undeliverable. Although I have a stratos I was able to provide Hull number and got exact matches. I sensed when I talked to that individual the tone and mood was different. Furthermore they also said most of the parts was in a separate warehouse. My thinking it has been moved. I also have read other forums about rumors of having to go through a dealer. I am guessing jm is trying to lessen availability of parts for rangers in time and force people to buy new ones.

11. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Garland, you can get Rule livewell pumps many places, including Amazon. West Marine stores, any Ranger dealer, or most marine supply outlets also carry them. I can supply a link if you need one. On the newer Rangers [last 6 years or so], the pump cartridges are wired with a quick-disconnect, which is preferable for easy swap-out. Ranger and Ranger dealers carry the pump cartridges [and entire pump assembly] with the quick-connector, but the same wire connector can be purchased at any auto parts store, or a direct connection can be made with butt connectors.

12. Member
    JC, if you can send the link that would be great. I have some qk disconnects for the wiring.
    Thanks

13. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    This should be the one:

Jabsco Rule Marine Rule Replacement Motor for Tournament Series Livewell Pumps https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000O8D9PQ..._0Vm6EbKJ7CMK3

I just put in an order today through my nearest dealer (The Boat Center in Chippewa Falls). I gave them my serial number and they were able to pull my boat up on their system. It took a little time for them to cross reference the ranger part number to the new tracker marine system part number but they were able to find it what I asked for. I was told shipping would be delayed as it'll take them about two weeks to get it out the door, but he said it would ship straight to me and not to the dealer first.
    Here's to hoping it all works out...
    united in the pursuit of bass.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234