Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I hope this is not true. I agree ordering parts directly from Ranger was a nice touch. Come on Ranger hear your customers!
    Don Blume

2018 Ranger Z520C
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro XS 2B525775 2-Stroke

Past Rigs
    2008 Triton Tr186 with Mercury 175 Pro XS
    2000 Ranger R73 with Mercury 125
    1976 Basscat with 150 Mercury

2. Member
    I'm not thrilled about this news either but I'm willing to give it a chance to work before condemning the brand and the decision made. My comments are by no means negative towards the people in the parts department who were top notch and did a fantastic job and I sincerely hope the future for them is bright. That said, the Ranger dealer network is still strong even with some recent changes. My servicing Mercury dealer recently became a Ranger dealer and I bet they will do a fantastic job. The dealer I bought my boat from in IL is also top notch and I will try them if needed. Looking more broadly, I have a John Deere lawn tractor, Buick work car, and a Silverado.....I don't call JD or GM for parts if/when needed. Point is this is a change and change is uncomfortable but also unavoidable at times.

If you remember back 4-5 years ago when Ranger starting using MAP pricing there was alot of negative talk on here that it was going to ruin the brand. That didn't happen then and in fact one of the new boat mfg's is using the same strategy.

All I'm saying is, lets give this a chance to work before immediately considering it a failure.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

3. Member
    Just got off of the phone ordering parts. My order will ship tomorrow
    I asked the lady if there was any truth to the rumor about Ranger not selling parts directly to the public. She said it was true but that management changed their minds to continue the sales for now.
    Not sure what that means.
    My assumption is that Johnny Morris's name may be all over everything, but it is the Hedge Fund MBA's who control everything,BPS, Cabelas & White River Marine.
    All I know when the MBA's get involved in any business, their sole focus is on profits today, with little regard for the future. They want to meet their short term goal get their bonus & move on to another gig.

4. Member
    without direct parts from Ranger availability, My new boat will be a bass cat or a phoenix but most likely a cat as that dealer is closer to me.
    nothing wrong with my ranger dealer they are great, but for small little piddly stuff I can do my self I am not calling the dealer and running a hour and a half to get parts and pay the mark up.
    I use my dealer for things I have to take the boat to him for and pay the price without question. he needs to stay in business too.

How hard would it be for ranger to get a rep on these boards to help answer some questions. Seems to work pretty well for Bass Cat.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Lance, if you have questions, call the customer service line at Ranger that I provided yesterday. If I was upper management at Ranger, or any other good-sized company, I’d be very very reluctant to jump into the mosh pit of social media. But at least you have an outlet to ask your questions, so please take advantage of it. And as stated yesterday, if you have difficulty getting through to that number, let me know. I have a contact in Springfield who will try to advance your communication. — JC

P.S. As to two issues raised by Shawn, I have it on some authority that *IF* Ranger in the future modifies parts ordering for boat owners, drop ship direct to the consumer will be possible. Also, boat owners [retail sales] are not now paying the same price for parts as the dealers [wholesale] do.
    Last edited by jc2bg; 05-28-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

I agree it is definitely not a job I would want. But, it is the way the world is going. It would go a long ways with customer service and some positive PR. This board is very active and gets a lot of information shared, sometimes wrong information. I've learned a ton about Bass Cat on their board just reading their replies alone. It would be helpful for just the casual reader and other members as questions come up. Love my ranger.

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I appreciate the thoughtfulness and respect shown in your post, Lance. At this point, Ranger has not chosen this board or any one person as the conduit for pre-publication of their management decisions and process. And of course, not every company structure or situation is identical [nor should they necessarily be]. It’s positive for Ranger owners that they’ve developed a corporate-level hotline for us to call with our questions. And if they are questions that can be answered at this time, this outreach could help us a lot. Not sure that Bass Cat owners can get advance notice of future possibilities from their management, but if they can, I’m willing to be impressed!

9. Member
    I know I've always been impressed I can call Ranger directly. That said, I am lucky enough to have a great dealer 2 miles from my home, and they too are super helpful. Sometimes I have called Ranger direct for a part, then next time I was in the dealer, saw the exact part right there, hanging on his wall...lately, I have taken to going there first, and almost always, they have the part, or get it within a few days.

FWIW, I called Flippin yesterday (parts number), and after a 20 min hold, got connected. Part I am looking for, unfortunately, is part of the Windshield assembly, and Ranger Parts doesn't have it. They directed me to call TaylorMade systems, and even gave me the P/N of the windshield, and the phone number for TaylorMade. Same ole top notch service as always.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    I know I've always been impressed I can call Ranger directly. That said, I am lucky enough to have a great dealer 2 miles from my home, and they too are super helpful. Sometimes I have called Ranger direct for a part, then next time I was in the dealer, saw the exact part right there, hanging on his wall...lately, I have taken to going there first, and almost always, they have the part, or get it within a few days.

FWIW, I called Flippin yesterday (parts number), and after a 20 min hold, got connected. Part I am looking for, unfortunately, is part of the Windshield assembly, and Ranger Parts doesn't have it. They directed me to call TaylorMade systems, and even gave me the P/N of the windshield, and the phone number for TaylorMade. Same ole top notch service as always.
    Sounds like good service to me....
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

11. Member
    Well, sounds like some have had better luck than me. Tried calling today and yesterday. On hold for over 45 min and never got a chance to talk to anyone - the call ended up cutting out today after waiting that long.
    A fisherman is a jerk on one end of the line
    ~~~~ waiting for a jerk on the other ~~~~

2007 Triton TR21XHP
    2006 Mercury 250 Optimax Pro XS

12. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Chris, did you try the customer service number I posted yesterday? If not, it’s at the top of the sticky notes section, so that it can be retrieved any time. It has been established specifically for people who have tried the other number/s and can’t get through: 417-873-4555.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Just went through a warranty issue, not the same as before but the gals at the WRMG were able to get through it. Supposed to have parts on the way and with any luck will swap out and send the old back just like I've done in the past. Different hurdles to go over but we were hopefuly able to resolve.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyztoyz View Post
    Just went through a warranty issue, not the same as before but the gals at the WRMG were able to get through it. Supposed to have parts on the way and with any luck will swap out and send the old back just like I've done in the past. Different hurdles to go over but we were hopefuly able to resolve.
    You are lucky. I've called multiple times, left voicemails with no return call. Twice I spoke to someone that told me that I have to go through my dealer for warranty issues. I've got a bad water pressure gauge and reverse light on my trailer.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

15. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Randy, I don’t know whether you can get warranty replacements on a 2015 at this point, but you also can try the number I posted above: 417-873-4555. You might have to try tomorrow, due to the time.

16. Member
    I just don't see this as a big issue. I have always called the dealer, and the parts are drop shipped from Ranger. When I need parts for my Case equipment or any other farm machinery, I go through the dealer. Not a big problem. I certainlly would not base my purchase of another Ranger based on a practice which is common in most industries.
    2015 Ranger 620vs
    2015 Mercury 250 ProXS, 9.9 Bigfoot Kicker
    24P Brovo I FS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Randy, I don’t know whether you can get warranty replacements on a 2015 at this point, but you also can try the number I posted above: 417-873-4555. You might have to try tomorrow, due to the time.
    thank you...I bought my boat in July 2018 and it was a Ranger demo boat with full factory warranty. I believe both parts are covered under the 3 year warranty.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Chris, did you try the customer service number I posted yesterday? If not, it’s at the top of the sticky notes section, so that it can be retrieved any time. It has been established specifically for people who have tried the other number/s and can’t get through: 417-873-4555.
    JC - I did not see that number - my apologies. I got through with that yesterday afternoon and have parts on the way now.
    A fisherman is a jerk on one end of the line
    ~~~~ waiting for a jerk on the other ~~~~

2007 Triton TR21XHP
    2006 Mercury 250 Optimax Pro XS

19. Member
    I ordered parts today direct from Ranger. I was told the wait time could be 30 minutes or so. I was on hold for an hour. The customer service rep apologized for the delay and proceeded with my order. Other than the wait time the experience was no different than any other time I ordered parts from them.

20. Member
    Does anybody miss Miss Sherry K yet...............??? She was the best in the Parts Dept. and I for one miss her, terribly. Knew Ranger boats inside and out, could deal with any attitude and did what she said. She is sorely missed.........many had Rangers because they COULD give a hull number and get a part, even for a 15 year old boat. They sold ALL the old parts to Great Lake Skipper and thankfully he offers them for sale......Rangers were restored, by the guys in the service shop or by the customers themselves. I believe those days are behind us for the most part.......its a changed company, gone are the days when you could talk with the guys and gals there and get advice, or parts on a personal basis.Gone are the days when you could simply go the the parts office or shop and get helped. Yes I know the new business models dictate the old loosely run businesses of the "old days" are no longer viable alternative, but it bothers me how this is all playing out. Ranger was a special place for the people around Flippin as well as the many visitors. They've sent a lot of the old timers packing, employees that loved Ranger and took great pride in the brand. They did it in an extremely callous and insulting way, and I feel for the employees.......I am sad for the whole mess, it felt good to hook onto the Ranger and pull by the factory on the way to Bull, it saddens me now, knowing all the employees that have been hurt by this. The times they are a changin.............

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast