Zx250 front fishing area too small

My 03 zx 250 has 2 pedestal holes in front of the forward hatch. If it is possible to put another one I would not gain but maybe 3in. I would rather not go the offset pedestal route any ideas?

It's not meant to have two seats up there. It is meant for you to pick the position that is most comfortable for you.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

3. Member
    Can't remember the deck layout on that boat.

I general, I would say "yes". If time and money are no issue, can be done. If I remember right, that boat has two hatch lids. The existing bases are forward of them. So the best you could do would be to move back toward the hatch. Some engineering would be required if I remember my 2002 ZX200.

You could reframe the front hatch opening. I think it's wood in the 2003. Make a new hatch lid and put the seat wherever you want. In my mind, not that big a job except for making a new lid and mounting it.

4. Member
    I was wandering if the deck lid might be strong enough or could be reinforced to hold a seat

I wouldn't try that. They barely support the weight of a person walking on them. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

6. Member
    I have my pedestal in the rear hole and I am right on top of my helix. There

I need more room up front. I would only pick up maby 4in if I put it between the hatch and rear reciever hole.

Instead of trying to mount a new pedestal hole why not check into a new mount that would move the helix forward towards the bow more.
    2018 Skeeter ZX 250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250
    Minn Kota 112 Ultrex Link
    Lowrance Elite Ti 12 and Elite Ti 9
    Dual PP Pro Series II
    Atlas Hydraulic JP