Question Quantum Accurist PT lack of magnetic braking

I bought this used last season, and have been struggling with little to no magnetic braking. To prevent backlashes, I have to tighten the spool tension down enough to negatively affect the reeling effort. I'm running 25# braid to leader. FWIW, this is about my 50th baitcaster... Anyone deal with/overcome this? Thanks!

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

2. Member
    How many brakes are you using? Are the brakes even hitting the drum?

3. Member
    It's magnetic, not centrifugal.

4. Member
    The Accurest PT has a externally adjustable ACS 3.0 system. Its centrifical not magnetic. Remove the left side cover and check the brakes for oil and the ACS ring in the side cover. The smallest amount of oil will largely defeat the ACS braking. Qtip and alcohol works to clean it followed by a dry Qtip to remove any residue. Adjust it to the "free" position and reinstall the side cover. Readjust the ACS to max and try it, then back it off a click at a time, trying a cast. You'll find the adjustment that's right for you.

5. Member
    Ahhh, many thanks to the both of you. This reel is dual-braking - adjustable mag on the outside, centrifugal on the inside. The inside was set on 1, I bumped it up to 3 & will have it on the water later. The included literature didn't have any info... took a deep YT search to find it.
    pence.png